They're legalizing mariuana?

Author Topic: They're legalizing mariuana?  (Read 30083 times)

Certainly. But it's not like I go looking up those type of aritcles on wikipedia.  :cookieMonster:

Really I guess your topic is a informational advertisement for the future of "the younger" then.

Certainly. But it's not like I go looking up those type of aritcles on wikipedia.  :cookieMonster:

Really I guess your topic is a informational advertisement for the future of "the younger" then.
I'd really prefer children understand how drugs work and why adults don't want them doing them until they are older and more responsible, rather than not understanding how drugs work and scaring them into ignorance. It's really dangerous to not educate them properly. Imagine we scare a kid into thinking all drugs are bad, then sometime later he smokes weed, and says "WHOA THIS AIN'T BAD", finds out weed is actually not dangerous and that we as a society lied to him, then goes on to try cocaine or heroin because he now thinks all of that info he was taught was entirely lies and that other drugs are possibly just as safe. It's sortof a longshot, but what I'm getting at is that it's better to educate them on information and responsibility, and educate them on making responsible decisions rather than playing into this whole fearmongering machine we have going right now.

I'd really prefer children understand how drugs work and why adults don't want them doing them until they are older and more responsible, rather than not understanding how drugs work and scaring them into ignorance. It's really dangerous to not educate them properly. Imagine we scare a kid into thinking all drugs are bad, then sometime later he smokes weed, and says "WHOA THIS AIN'T BAD", finds out weed is actually not dangerous and that we as a society lied to him, then goes on to try cocaine or heroin because he now thinks all of that info he was taught was entirely lies and that other drugs are possibly just as safe. It's sortof a longshot, but what I'm getting at is that it's better to educate them on information and responsibility, and educate them on making responsible decisions rather than playing into this whole fearmongering machine we have going right now.
I can see where you are coming from. You're thinking about the gateway chain. A completely uneducated person tries one drug, thinks he was lied to in general about every drug, and goes on a spree.

I can see where you are coming from. You're thinking about the gateway chain. A completely uneducated person tries one drug, thinks he was lied to in general about every drug, and goes on a spree.
Exactly. It's not a guarantee "OH THEY WILL DO THIS" type of a scenario, but it's better to expect this type of thing and just educate them to be responsible, rather than try to teach them to simply not do things and never question authority. It's really dangerous.

I agree with your friend, it most likely will help the economy.

(Whether or not this is real or not) This is both a good and bad thing.

Good:
Now that it's legalized, the government can tax and regulate it. In other words, no need for illegal businesses and transactions, importation, etc. The government can make it as expensive and hard to get as they want.

Bad:
You have a dangerous, addictive drug available.

You have a dangerous, addictive drug available.

It's dangerous because it's illegal and it's not addictive.

When beer became illegal we had organized crime. (Al Capone)

I agree with your friend, it most likely will help the economy.

With the government getting stoned, maybe they might come up with some good ideas lol

It's dangerous because it's illegal and it's not addictive.
It is addictive. For some, maybe not so much. But it can be very addictive.

And the dangerous part comes from possible side affects and trying to get it by any means possible. If you can't afford it, it doesn't matter whether it's legal or not.

I'm fine when it's legalized for medical purposes, but I hate when 10 year olds start talking "omg Marijuana is so bad you'll die when you smoke it JUST ONCE my healh teechure said so." It's sad how much these people have drilled an over exaggerated fact that you can get high off of marijuana into these kid's brains...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:11:21 PM by CUCUMBER! »

Yeah, true, but people may be using that type of stuff too much.
I don't think you can overdose yourself on that kind of stuff.

You can't. You can however overdose on JRA.

It would take more than you can humanly take.

You would fall asleep before OD'ing on it

It is addictive. For some, maybe not so much. But it can be very addictive.

And the dangerous part comes from possible side affects and trying to get it by any means possible. If you can't afford it, it doesn't matter whether it's legal or not.

Marijuana is not Heroin / Cocaine. Marijuana is not chemically addictive, I don't have any physiological or physical withdrawals if I do not smoke for a week, let alone wanting to kill/rob someone for Weed.

possible side affects

And no "it's government propaganda" crap. The entire medical community isn't going to lie to us. These facts are well accepted, and some here have even admitted to having some.

Like I have said before, marijuana effects aren't necessarily intact for everyone. It is partially chemically addictive, but not as much as, say, Heroin.