My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7666597 times)

I'm probably never going to finish this.

way to ignore steve, guys

this looks super nice dude, seriously. even if it's not finished, I'd still call it finished.

double post because reasons

I know this isn't pony related, but here goes a short little explanation.

Our amazing bundle of music and handsome brownness, Alex S., has entered himself into the remix contest for the song "Make It Bun Dem" by Skrillex and Damian Marley. Normally I wouldn't post something like this in this thread, and I would have no doubts that he'll win, but he is up against one of the best up-and-coming electronic duos in the world of electronic music right now, Pegboard Nerds. Their remix is already beating his by many votes.

Whether or not you guys like electronic music, dubstep, and/or Alex S., he seriously needs to win this. If you don't already have a Beatport account, just make one really quickly, and you can delete it after the remix contest has ended on October 4th.

You can find his remix right here. PLEASE vote, guys.

I'm not saying you have to, but seriously, it would be amazing if you could. Every single vote counts.

What does he get if he wins?

Just curious.

What does he get if he wins?

Just curious.

Quoting straight from the remix main page:

Quote from: http://play.beatport.com/contests/skrillex-damian-marley-make-it-bun-dem/
GRAND PRIZE
BIG BEAT RECORDS/OWSLA RELEASE

The grand prize winner take his or her place among the star-studded cast of artists releasing on Big Beat Records/OWSLA, including Skrillex, Zedd, Porter Robinson, Jack Beats and more. The winning remix will be released in an official remix package to be sold on Beatport. As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also get special edition vinyl signed by Skrillex himself.

GRAND PRIZE
PIONEER XDJ-AERO WIRELESS DJ SYSTEM

The Pioneer XDJ-AERO is the industry's first Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers. The XDJ-AERO enables users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via included DJ software. As an added benefit and convenience, the XDJ-AERO can also create its own wireless access point when Wi-Fi isn't available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.

GRAND PRIZE
SOUNDS TO SAMPLE ELEMENTS LIBRARY

Elements are cutting-edge, copyright free drum loops and musical phrases created by the world's leading producers. Each pack consists of 10 loop elements presented as 24-bit WAVs assured to inspire and add spice to productions.

The record deal seems like the only good prize IMO out of the three.

The record deal seems like the only good prize IMO out of the three.

Well of course, but the XDJ-AERO is also an amazing prize because of what it can do and how much it costs. The sample library isn't nearly as important but is still really nice to have.

Eh I dunno if I'll vote for this guy.

It would be good for his chances of winning but I have a hatred for most techno music nowadays ( I have some liking to techno, but mostly older stuff from when I was younger )

Now I just prefer rock, metal, classic rock since there's nothing good out there now IMO
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:02:48 AM by Frostbyte »

I'm probably never going to finish this.

it looks good enough already

just throw in some stars and a glow on EVERYTHING and you're good

Eh I dunno if I'll vote for this guy.

It would be good for his chances of winning but I have a hatred for most techno music nowadays ( I have some liking to techno, but mostly older stuff from when I was younger )

Now I just prefer rock, metal, classic rock since there's nothing good out there now IMO

I understand if you don't like the music but Alex needs every vote he can get.