Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7570372 times)

The VA's themselves weren't the points or problems, it was what the fans supposedly did and said about/towards them. Again, the VA's (Cutie Mark Crusaders) said otherwise.
But they participated in the argument?

I honestly wouldn't have trouble believing people said disturbing things to the VAs. I mean, people have drawn research of Lauren Faust's ponysona or whatever. There really is no shame. And all this idolizing of the current people working on MLP - I'm pretty sure the old woman who created Generation 1 deserves a bit more respect. Without her, none of this would exist.

But they participated in the argument?

No, no. They caught wind of the drama (someone likely sent a tweet to one of them) and just gave clarification, nothing more.

And all this idolizing of the current people working on MLP - I'm pretty sure the old woman who created Generation 1 deserves a bit more respect. Without her, none of this would exist.

Most fans ignore the previous generations, however I've seen several events where they would drop her name to thank her for starting the base. This fandom thanks Lauren Faust more because she took that idea and made it into this, which since they all enjoy more than the previous generations, they likely believe she did it far better than the predecessors. (Many still note that, if it had not been for said old women, Faust would have never gotten the inspiration)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:57:15 AM by Blastdown »

Which is true since she fell in love with the older Generation as a child. People who are ignorant or dismissive of the older Gens are sort of stupid, really. The older Gens were kids shows for little girls, and considering the era in which they were made their style is understandable. Friendship is Magic was developed for a more modern scene and I feel that any sort of 'deeper storyline' remarks are just people reading too far into things. My Little Pony is still My Little Pony. As times change, so does the style and message.

I agree. Although I personally don't enjoy the previous generations, I have respect for what they did and have done. They created something that, even though very few men enjoyed (not unexpected or bad), still gave something for little girls and women to remember and enjoy over the years.

i made this, what do u think?

Interestingly, here's an example of people thanking the original creator.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:17:22 AM by Blastdown »

That's odd, I can't seem to get to the page without crashing my browser
also you don't need the url in a url
whoops, nevermind
I don't get the song and I don't think I want to get into a drama that doesn't really involve me

Interestingly, here's an example of people thanking the original creator.

I've never thought about this before

faust is generally depicted as the god of the pony universe when in reality it's zacherle who's responsible for everything

unless you divide them into separate universes, which I suppose makes just as much sense

on a side note I sent SV another message last night before bed and had a dream my request was rejected, no actual messages today though
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:53:06 AM by Regulith »

faust is generally depicted as the god of the pony universe when in reality it's zacherle who's responsible for everything

unless you divide them into separate universes, which I suppose makes just as much sense

zacherle could be like the god of gods (zeus), and faust could be like one of the second-tier gods lol

zacherle could be like the god of gods (zeus), and faust could be like one of the second-tier gods lol

that's good too, especially since there are creators for the other generations of characters and their respective shows

I was originally thinking of a god/jesus model but that really only works if it's just the two of them

There's always more room for gods

AHA

I knew weaver did pony stuff during the stream he just didn't post it right away