Author Topic: Gearworks Games - I'm making a game and its called ARMament  (Read 6996 times)

Intro
I've been working on this game for a couple of weeks. I haven't really started work on the game itself, but I have been making models.

What is the game going to be like?
The game is going to be a third person shooter set in an alternate universe. The alternate universe primarily uses steam power, but recently (a year or 2 ago) a new plasma power has been discovered. The game will have several rpg elements, such as changing equipment, changing hairstyles, making choices, etc.

Story
When the game starts, you are a physical laborer for the company who discovered plasma technology (Atlas). The first mission begins by your boss telling you to go into the storage area and get yourself a power arm. Once you get the arm, you move some boxes around to learn the controls. When you finish, an alarm goes off and something happens that throws the world into chaos.
I don't want to reveal anything else yet.

How are you making the game?
I haven't really decided what engine I'm going to use, but I'm probably going to use Unity 3D.

Images

Main Character

[WIP]Marussia B2

A hat, a hair, and an accessory.

Railgun

Plasma Cannon

Links:

Well like I said, several times now, I'm not accepting anyone else to help me. Maybe in the future, but I'm not sure. The only way I would accept anyone at this point would be if they were at least 10x better than I am. And if anyone is going to apply, at least show me an example of your work...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:33:06 PM by Tylale »

This isn't going to end up like Packers Zelda game is it? Or any over the other "major" game developments that seem to happen on this forum.

This isn't going to end up like Packers Zelda game is it? Or any over the other "major" game developments that seem to happen on this forum.
I didn't keep up with Packer's Zelda game, but I'm guessing it ended in failure? I hope that mine won't, but I don't really know.

Also to Cucumberdude and anyone else wanting to help, I'm not looking for any help right now.
I can't pm either. If you want to talk to me, add me on steam or email me at ToastehBro@gmail.com
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:36:11 PM by Tylale »

Do you have any experience in writing games at all? Are you familiar with the algorithms and mathematics required to program such a thing? And if you are going to use Unity, are you familiar with C#/Javascript? I would recommend looking into these things before you begin. Here is a good 3d math primer if you are a motivated person. It is very easy to understand and should teach you enough to begin your journey into game programming if you haven't already done so. Don't expect for this to be a success if it is your first game, but whatever it turns out to be you will surely gain experience from it. Good luck!

I was thinking about making a game. It would be 2d, though.

Do you have any experience in writing games at all? Are you familiar with the algorithms and mathematics required to program such a thing? And if you are going to use Unity, are you familiar with C#/Javascript? I would recommend looking into these things before you begin. Here is a good 3d math primer if you are a motivated person. It is very easy to understand and should teach you enough to begin your journey into game programming if you haven't already done so. Don't expect for this to be a success if it is your first game, but whatever it turns out to be you will surely gain experience from it. Good luck!
What do you mean by writing games? Writing the story? Scripting it?
I've used C# a little. I'm just going to learn it as I go. Probably not the best idea, but oh well.
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the 3d math stuff either.

I can help out with a logo.

I can help out with a logo.
Also to Cucumberdude and anyone else wanting to help, I'm not looking for any help right now.

Sounds cool, I like the concept.
Good luck.

What do you mean by writing games? Writing the story? Scripting it?
Writing in the sense of programming the game.
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the 3d math stuff either.
3d game/graphics programming is all math. You will need to know certain mathematical ideas (calculus helps) even if you are using a game engine.

i'd like to help if at all possible. you need more than one person to do everything.

Can I help? I could do about anything. And please add your character some muscles.

(Me and my dad could also do voices :D)

I might want help later, but as of now I'm not looking for help.

Sounds awesome. Ever thought of turning Gearworks Games into a world famous game making company? Also, what did you use to model those things?