Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 280234 times)

i just downloaded and I suck
suggest some good mods

edit:
why does the tri fold thing make my ship unbalanced
i put thrusters below it and when I launch it tips over
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:32:02 PM by Block Box »

Symmetry
Use it

I recommend Silisko Edition.
And Down Under.
And White Monkey.
And the Vanguard Shuttle.
And Probodobodyne.
And Bace.

And NovaPunch.
And Industrial Flames and Explosions 1.3.
And so many others.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:14:45 PM by Gojira »

I like the persistence in 0.14
8D
I made a "base" with landing gear and flew across the Kearth and set it up. Then I launched a ship to meet up with it and flew back.
You should be able to refill fuel tanks. :U

EDIT: What's the best part pack that is very useful without being unrealistic?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:16:09 PM by steve5451 »

I like the persistence in 0.14
8D
I made a "base" with landing gear and flew across the Kearth and set it up. Then I launched a ship to meet up with it and flew back.
You should be able to refill fuel tanks. :U

EDIT: What's the best part pack that is very useful without being unrealistic?

Kyle and Winston
Silisko Edition.
And Down Under.
And White Monkey.
And the Vanguard Shuttle.
And Probodobodyne.
And Bace.
And NovaPunch.
And Industrial Flames and Explosions 1.3.

I just downloaded and bought the game last night, unfortunately I wasn't able to get into orbit. The closest I got was 60k or something like that, basically the point where the atmosphere completely goes away. Unfortunately I didn't have any boosters left at that point. I see that I need to use liquid fueled rockets now, so I'll try again later with that.

I want to try making it to the moon without following any tutorials, since I've done it in the Orbiter Space Flight simulator. I can't wait for them to get some extra planets, I'd love to be the first person from BL to land on another planet.

If I get the time, I'd love to make some mods for it too!

I just downloaded and bought the game last night, unfortunately I wasn't able to get into orbit. The closest I got was 60k or something like that, basically the point where the atmosphere completely goes away. Unfortunately I didn't have any boosters left at that point. I see that I need to use liquid fueled rockets now, so I'll try again later with that.

I want to try making it to the moon without following any tutorials, since I've done it in the Orbiter Space Flight simulator. I can't wait for them to get some extra planets, I'd love to be the first person from BL to land on another planet.

If I get the time, I'd love to make some mods for it too!

I was the first here to make it to the mun the day after the mun was added.
B)

I was the first here to make it to the mun the day after the mun was added.
B)
Haha I just finished reading the whole topic and saw that. It's going to be a little bit before I can attempt that :/

I'd love to see docking with jettisoned stages, that way you could get there more realistically.

Wow I just got back to KSP, I just added a fuel tank and a liquid engine, and almost got into orbit. I'm guessing just a solid rocket booster before everything will be enough to reach orbit.

Edit: Sort of successfully reached orbit. Was able to orbit the planet at least one time (game still running,) but my lowest point of orbit is still in the atmosphere around 56km.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:00:04 PM by Nitramtj »

Can somebody put a rocket that goes into orbit on mediafire?

Haha I just finished reading the whole topic and saw that. It's going to be a little bit before I can attempt that :/

I'd love to see docking with jettisoned stages, that way you could get there more realistically.
Docking's added in 0.15 lol

Can somebody put a rocket that goes into orbit on mediafire?
Para
Command module
Decoupler
LFT
LFT
LFT
LFT
LFE
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:14:17 PM by Gojira »

Docking's added in 0.15 lol
Para
Command module
Decoupler
LFT
LFT
LFT
LFT
LFE
Tried that, didnt even lift off

EDIT:
I have created the perfect spacecraft.

Altitude is currently 18,091,200,962 and growing at a velocity of 8004.8 m/s
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:07:00 AM by NotKreation »

I finally reached orbit and splashed down safely. What I did was have a center rocket with four fuel tanks, and then 6 solid rocket boosters on the side helping with initial takeoff. Unfortunately, I used up all of my fuel so I still need to improve if I want to do more complicated orbital maneuvers such as synchronizing orbits.