Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 268285 times)

What is it?

Kerbal Space Program (KSP) is a Work in Progress indie game about helping an alien species with their space program. Currently the most you can do is build rockets and launch them, but once it's fully completed you will (hopefully) be able to build space stations, land on other planets (And build bases on them), and much more!

Okay, so it's not finished yet. Why should I care about it then?

Because just building rockets and launching them is fun as hell. Remember the very first rockets and how they had a tendency to explode or crash on launch or in flight? Imagine those but with five stage rockets with side mounted thrusters which also have two stages that explode everywhere and you'll have a pretty good jest of it.

And they recently added the Mun in orbit of Kerbal. So you can try and become next Kerbal Armstong! (Or blow up trying)

Now I'm somewhat interested, But how much will this cost me?

$23 or more in order to get the full version and later updates. The price will also increase over time so it's best to buy it cheap while you can.

Where can I get the demo?

Over The Hills And Far Away

There's too little parts for this. Have modders made any more?

Yep! There's plenty of parts and packs, Check out the forums and SpacePort for lods e stuf.

I installed some parts and now my game won't load!

Installing part packs have a tendency to increase the load times. Also if you have a empty folder (Even if it's got a part's folder inside it) it will prevent the game from loading.

asdfg I can't do anything with my rockets crashing explosively, help!

The wiki has plenty of good information to help you, The forums are also a good place to visit.
Here's a calculator that tells you where you can go with your rocket's current Delta-V

Let's see some media.

Sure thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGKeAxIHsMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGWNtd5P7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQolxo1VIM

(Above uses content from custom part packs)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:49:56 PM by zackin5 »

looks neat! And that creator looks just like spore...
Edit- dang. No mac version

Haha this is really fun

Just made my first successful launch into space after 6 tries before it C:

Downloading now.
Let's see if I can run it on my dad's integrated graphics card, looks like it.

finally got into space after like 14 tries lol

Looks kinda like spore

Oh my god this game looks fun. I have a mac so I can't get it but they said in the next update or something they're gonna release mac version
So yay

Yesh, Doctor Strangelove reference. I approve.

Also this game looks fun as hell. I'll give it a try; I love space stuff.

Oh my god this game looks fun. I have a mac so I can't get it but they said in the next update or something they're gonna release mac version
So yay
Oh really? YAY!!

Gah this is really hard. They need alignment tools.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:54:23 PM by Messes »

Oh really? YAY!!
Yeah, apparently it works on mac, but there's an issue with the shaders. So when they fix that they're gonna release it and they said it might be in the next update

124445 max height  :cookieMonster: