battlebrain

:trollface:
8 (61.5%)
Eh, I'd tap it
1 (7.7%)
Eggs
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Model Aircraft  (Read 9399 times)

Junkers JU-87B Sturzkampfflugzeug 'Stuka' (German dive bomber)
'Tank killer'

Designed in the 1930s, the Junkers JU-87B 'Stuka' was Germany's dive bomber during World War II. The 'Stuka' was mainly used in Africa, in Rommel the "Desert Rat's"Afrika Korps; as well as Europe. This is modeled after a JU-87B Stuka in the Afrika Korps.

Armormeant-
  • Two machine guns mounted in the wings, as well as a machine gun for the tail gunner position.
  • 5 bombs. 2 under each wing, one large bomb under the fuselage

Revell Junkers JU-87B Stuka Dive Bomber (Skill level two).

By benningtonkid at 2011-08-03

This model airplane has been created by -SailorMan- BL_ID 20896. It took him six days to build this model airplane. YAY FOR FANCY SHMANCY INFO AND SUCH!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:12:32 AM by -SailorMan- »

nice!
i post my mig like that when im done.

Long story short, I was making the B-17 based the time I was in Memphis Belle (It came to my local airport) and the model Skill level 1 B-17 I had made(It was Memphis Belle as well). I named this B-17 No Dogs Allowed, and the tail # is my Blockland ID.

PS- My garage is the factory. The workbench is the assembly line. I am the worker in the factory. When finished, the aircraft are shipped to a distant land called my room to wage war. Who will be hanging from the ceiling first?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:13:05 AM by -SailorMan- »

Oh and did you read this? When your landing gear broke.

That sucks, but I got an idea for you to make it work. If you cut off a piece of the frame of the plastic thing holding all the parts for the airplane (EX: next to the left wing of my stuka in my picture), you can glue it to the broken piece, or tape it with modeling tape. This would be a permenant solution, b/e it will probably not fit back into the plane D:

PS. I think that I am going to use painting tape so that I can get straight edges on the planes when I paint them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:19:02 AM by -SailorMan- »

Yeah, but I didn't quite do that because it was a tiny piece. I actually stuck the gear about a centimeter into the hole it was supposed to go in, it doesn't look any different and it aligned with the main gear so I'm happy :D

Sweet. anyway. . .
STUPID GOD DAMN PAINMT THINNER FOR CLEANING THE FRIGGIN BRUSHES I CAN BARELY BREATHE NOW GOD DAMMIT! AAAGHHHWGSAF HASDGWFFHUKUJRSGUFYSJATG!!!

bump, almost done painting :)

Wewt! I am painting my Texan now. I gotta paint the roosterpit parts then Im all set to start glue-ing.

Mikoyan-Gurevich Mig-21
"fishbed"

The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 (Russian: Микоян и Гуревич МиГ-21; NATO reporting name "Fishbed") is a supersonic jet fighter aircraft, designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau in the Soviet Union. It was popularly nicknamed "balalaika", from the aircraft's planform-view resemblance to the Russian stringed musical instrument or ołówek (English: pencil) by Polish pilots due to the shape of its fuselage.[2] Early versions are considered second-generation jet fighters, while later versions are considered to be third-generation jet fighters. Some 50 countries over four continents have flown the MiG-21, and it still serves many nations a half-century after its maiden flight. The fighter made aviation records. At least by name, it is the most-produced supersonic jet aircraft in aviation history and the most-produced combat aircraft since the Korean War, and it had the longest production run of a combat aircraft (1959 to 1985 over all variants).
(copied from Wikipedia)

Armormeant
-2 Soviet missiles that I have no name for
-A droptank at the bottom of the aircraft

This model airplane has been created by Battlebrain BL_ID 22873. Took me about a week

Just picked up A SBD Dauntless 2 at the local hobby shop, does anyone know a good hobby online store?