Author Topic: motor blocks  (Read 951 times)

what about blocks with motors so people can make rides and other stuff? that would be good.

Impossible.

(ish) :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:09:48 PM by tails »

Not impossible, but I'm sure it'd be somewhat difficult to do in torque.

He means build vehicles? I don't think with the current lag-lowering way blocks are made, that'd be possible. You could make the textures move, but the collision would stay. Even if you could get it to work, I think it would lag to have people driving these things while the engine or other script updates where the blocks are.

i mean making a brick with a motor, then attaching a brick that can attach to the wheel of the motor brick and then add more bricks and make a ride that people can ride in.

In v0002 that was impossible, in Retail, with the current way of bricks, even more...Let Badspot or Rititundo give a better explaination, I don't knoe much Engine code :P

Why can't you make the bricks into objects? If you did you make the motor bricks possible with less lag.

Why can't you make the bricks into objects? If you did you make the motor bricks possible with less lag.

A tip is that you shouldn't bump topics ok. And it would not be possible because there are not any err objects in blockland, unless we could just spawn models, but that is what Gmod is for.

The bricks are a special type of object which has had a lot of things changed to reduce lag:
- They can only be in certain colours, defined by your paint palette [Ruling out texture colour bricks as in RTB's paint packs, apart from Print bricks that can only display textures in your Prints folder and have lighting disabled]
- They can only exist across and up the brick/plate grid - you cannot offset a brick by half a stud to the north [Ruling out useful forms of "movers"]
- They cannot be rotated or moved once placed [ruling out "motor" bricks or moving structures]

Simple to do get a model exactly like the bricks, though lag this may cause make sure it picks up color like the skis and also make sure the model edits are not static and let them do whatever, I did say simple though it isn't but it gets attention doesn't it  :cookieMonster: