Slicksilver555 Fixes Linux Dedicated Bug [EXCLUSIVE]

Author Topic: Slicksilver555 Fixes Linux Dedicated Bug [EXCLUSIVE]  (Read 3463 times)

http://www.blocklandnews.co.cc/2011/08/breaking-news-slicksilver555-fixes.html

Slicksilver555 has found a solution to the dedicated server issue that has plagued people for years.

The bug, which occurred in servers hosted through WINE on Linux, caused a core object which sent information to the master server from functioning correctly.

Download: http://blockland.silverbeach.cc/Fix_LinuxPost.zip   
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:57:27 AM by Sheath »

Why not just post the link here in the topic...
There should be a rule like the forum rule where you cant just go ahead and link to your website

The link is offsite anyway. Just enjoy the fix, I know your a Linux user yourself.

Why not just post the link here in the topic...
There should be a rule like the forum rule where you cant just go ahead and link to your website
I've pointed this out before. He just loves crossposting so he can advertise his stufffest of a blog

Being the first to break the story, its only natural. You've never complained when the other blog posts their links, I rarely post links to TBB here. Get over yourself.

Being the first to break the story, its only natural. You've never complained when the other blog posts their links, I rarely post links to TBB here. Get over yourself.
What other blogs. And no it's not natural. It would be natural if you had a quality service that provided quality unbias news, reporting items that actually deserved to be reported.

reporting items that actually deserved to be reported.

This is a historical and important story. The link is only necessary to explain more about the event. Thanks.

This is a historical and important story. The link is only necessary to explain more about the event. Thanks.
Wow your priorities in life are forgeted, and no it isn't

You still didn't tell me the other blogs that are advertising like you

hey i'm getting ubuntu now. it's the only reason i have windows on my server box.

thanks slick/sheath.

hey i'm getting ubuntu now. it's the only reason i have windows on my server box.

I saw you talking about Blockoworld and wanting a fix. Nice there is finally one. :u

There is still one problem though, AFAIK you can't get Blockland started without running an X-server.

There is still one problem though, AFAIK you can't get Blockland started without running an X-server.

hey, at least i am a 100% linux fanboy and don't care having it. but wine should work without it :S.

Blockland worked for me just the other day.

Blockland worked for me just the other day.
You probably misunderstood.
The X-server is the application keeping track of all the windows and what input goes to what.

On topic, it appears this script requires RTB, and all it does is send a force a connect before sending the standard "Webcom_postserver" after the host updates rtb prefs, an odd approach.
What other blogs. And no it's not natural. It would be natural if you had a quality service that provided quality unbias news, reporting items that actually deserved to be reported.
In his defense, I can't see how talking about a script can include much bias.