Slicksilver555 Fixes Linux Dedicated Bug [EXCLUSIVE]

Author Topic: Slicksilver555 Fixes Linux Dedicated Bug [EXCLUSIVE]  (Read 3536 times)

In his defense, I can't see how talking about a script can include much bias.
So instead he forces people to go through his website to get to the download link, instead of just posting the link here (which ephi had to do)

On topic, it appears this script requires RTB, and all it does is send a force a connect before sending the standard "Webcom_postserver" after the host updates rtb prefs, an odd approach.In his defense, I can't see how talking about a script can include much bias.

From what I've heard, this method doesn't seem to work all the time.  I just hope this script works. I have an Arch Linux server that I can't run a BL dedicated on because of its problems with Wine.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:05:17 PM by CanadianPenguin »

breaking news!!!!!11 visit my blog please!!

I was strictly posting a link to the story since I witnessed Slick make it. My blog isn't the only way to find the link. If Ephi wants to edit it in sure, apparently people are still reading the link anyway out of interest.

It's funny because I was just at this site yesterday trying to figure out who owned it.

for some reason still my server crashes after like a hour and someone joins it.

i'll figure it out soon.

for some reason still my server crashes after like a hour and someone joins it.

i'll figure it out soon.

Datablock Overload

Datablock Overload
You have no clue what you're talking about.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be just that. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be just that. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I recall correctly you're an alt of Killer2 (banned here) - so yeah, you have precisely no idea what you're talking about.

If I recall correctly you're an alt of Killer2 (banned here) - so yeah, you have precisely no idea what you're talking about.

I don't expect you to think any more than that, so I'm not even going to begin arguing with you.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:52:39 AM by PVC Potato Gun »

No wonder why he hangs out in my DHS thread so much... just like Killer2.

No wonder why he hangs out in my DHS thread so much... just like Killer2.

I post on a good number of topics. Doesn't mean anything really.

This should probably be included with the Blockland download, or at least hosted on the main site with an FAQ entry for use in Linux.  I can see this otherwise possibly getting buried, or the original link/file becoming unavailable, so a more official or permanent location might be better.  Perhaps even just available from RTB, would probably be the best compromise.

Alternatively, Wine could fix the bug that's causing it (unlikely) or Blockland could be made to not use whatever function is broken in Wine (probably even less likely.).

EDIT: It doesn't seem to entirely solve Wine problems.  It'll still crash with an access to a NULL pointer  after a few hours, where it previously could be up for weeks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:54:54 PM by paulguy »