Author Topic: ASCII Animator  (Read 32626 times)

This is what happens when you don't leave the tray tables in the upright and locked position.

I guess I need to make some of mine a bit less choppy by lowering the delay.
wow nice job

Awesome indeed. :)

Awesome indeed. :)
Why do you have the corners bump in? From what I can see you're looking at it from a single side so it doesn't need to "shrink" while revolving.

Needs to be able to view individual frames and flip through them so it doesn't feel so weird making a gif.

Needs to be able to view individual frames and flip through them so it doesn't feel so weird making a gif.
You can, derp.

just look at the grey dots, they basically are markers of the frame if you will. You can edit the placement of dots in the asciianimator setup .txt

by the way if you're wondering why they're off center its because I reformatted the distance since I was working on another project (the worm one)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:05:47 AM by Conan »

You can, derp.

just look at the dots, they basically are markers of the frame if you will. You can edit the placement of dots in the asciianimator setup .txt
You obviously don't understand what I mean. I meant view one frame at a time so it's not a huge clusterforget like that.

Why do you have the corners bump in? From what I can see you're looking at it from a single side so it doesn't need to "shrink" while revolving.
Because as a cube, the edges get farther away as it rotates into the background. I don't know why I wouldn't do that. Otherwise if I kept it a straight rectangle, it would just look like a cylinder with 2 different colored halves.

What I'm saying is that since you're facing the cube from only one direction, being unable to see a third face it should not tuck in at the corners since the cube is only rotating on one axis.

Take a cube or some book of some sort and try it yourself. You'll see what I mean.

I agree with conan
those corner should not be like that.

how do i make background cyan and everything else noncyan

Man, this is confusing. :c

I'll write up a comprehensive guide someday. For now use the README which is linked below:

https://bitbucket.org/bpio/ascii-paint/