Author Topic: Everything on my hard drive is gone  (Read 1379 times)

I wake up this morning, I go to my computer, start it up, and everything on my hard drive is just gone. There are no traces of anything other than Windows and for some reason DOSbox. I started Internet Explorer (because Firefox is gone too) and it think I just bought this computer which I've had for two years. What the forget just happened?

what did you do last night boi

Time traveling isnt safe sweety.

Use a program called GetDataBack. Just try to avoid writing anything on it right now and install as little as possible.

Holy stuff that's terrifying.

Did you format or something?

Use a program called GetDataBack. Just try to avoid writing anything on it right now and install as little as possible.
I'm trying this.

And no I didn't do anything unusual last night. I was just on the forums.

Put garlic around your computer to scare Resetti away.

There should be an option that restores data, kind of like a save point, by retracing itself to another day. At least I think there is.
Do System Restore
yeah that

I think he's already done system restore, unintentionally.

I think he's already done system restore, unintentionally.
Are you implying I accidentally did a system restore to when I first bought this computer and didn't even notice? Yeah I'm not that stupid. And I still had a shortcut to DOSbox lying around on my desktop and that was the only thing left, and it wasn't the first thing I ever installed on here.

Anyway I did a system restore to last night, a time when I was using this computer and everything was fine, and it didn't restore anything. I had to go back to the 22nd to recover my stuff. So what the hell.

Your hard-drive asploded and a magical monday repaired it and took your tv