Author Topic: [WH40k] I'm getting an army, but I need some help  (Read 2401 times)

Well, so in the past few months, I've started to decline in playing video games and have shifted more to the tabletop gaming route. Picking up DnD, Magic the Gathering (again), and now after all this time I've decided I'd also like to get into Warhammer 40k. I've always wanted to play it or fantasy, but at the store I go to more people play 40k, so go figure. Anywho, I've read about a few of the armies, watched battle reports, read the rules, and I'm pretty ready, I guess. But the only thing I'm having trouble with is picking an army. Now, I have two armies that I most likely will end up going with. I first read and looked at the Tau and loved them from that moment. Flying tanks, robot HQs, huge-ass range on loving everything with almost all of them being able to penetrate armor? Shweet. But then I looked at Space Wolves. They've got some cool as hell lore, are brutal in close combat, and can also be pretty mean at close range. And they have loving wolves, tanks, and drop pods. WOLVES. But I'm having such a hard time picking an army.

So, people, want to help me pick an army? I'm open to some other suggestions, but don't loving tell me vanilla Space Marines. I'm a newbie but I know that stuff won't work.

edit: Also, I'm sure I read this somewhere in the rulebook, too lazy to look for it, but can you have units from other armies in your army? Like, orks with marines (why you'd do that I don't know.) Just wondering. If so, putting some loving Daemons with Space Wolves for lolz.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:12:48 PM by NickTheSushi »

Bump because you guys are richardbuts

Tyranids or dark eldar. My bro says everyones mainly grey knights, but might be shifting to dark eldar.

Theres no real best, its up to how you generally strategize.

tau
hands down.
Long range bolts of plasma wont save you from a green tide running your way.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:30:17 PM by Harm94 »

Ugh why is this so difficult ;-;

I'm starting to lean more towards space wolves because they got some pretty boss stuff over there, so I'll probably just end up using them :I

Ugh why is this so difficult ;-;

I'm starting to lean more towards space wolves because they got some pretty boss stuff over there, so I'll probably just end up using them :I
Good boy

OUR DECREE IS THAT A WALL OF FLESH IS STRONGER THAN THAT OF STEEL, FORM A LINE!

speaking of table games, i was nostalgia-ing today and realized i missed yugioh cards

:(

speaking of table games, i was nostalgia-ing today and realized i missed yugioh cards

:(
<3

So yeah I ended up going with Tau since I found out that Space Wolves are over-loving-played.

HIPSTER ARMY TAU, BITCH.

Dark Angel Space Marines, no question.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:23:01 AM by MetroidDead »