Should Duplicator & Fill Can be Default?

Poll

Should Duplicator & Fill Can be Default?

Yes
No
I Could Care Less
Duplicator,not Fill Can
Fill Can,not Duplicator

Author Topic: Should Duplicator & Fill Can be Default?  (Read 3026 times)

I'm just asking if you guys think the Duplicator & the Fill Can should be Default Add-Ons.

Yes or No?

Forum Pages
Duplicator (by Randy and Ephialtes)
Fill can (by Zor)

I am adding another choice in the POLL:I could care less

I am also adding:
Duplicator,not Fill Can
Filll Can,not Duplicator
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by Clone2 »

i'd have to disagree on the duplicator. if i'm not mistaken, it is terrible at working with updates. every time an update comes out, the duplicator breaks. unless this was fixed.

EDIT: it could always be fixed to work with blockland so yeah, why not

I am pretty sure that the creators would be honored if their addons became default, and I know that they are very useful... Yes!

Both are good, but I would have to say "no". The use of them might be confusing for new users and they need some fixing in parts.

They are great add-ons for speedy building, but I think any addition to the game like that should remain an add-on. The mod system is there to expand the games capabilities, what mods are 'the best' is subjective to each player-- where do you draw the line about what should be made default? Since its not core to playing Blockland, it should remain an optional extra.

I voted no because I seem to remember that the duplicator had really crappy, inefficient code.

The duplicator won't be made default due to the code being so poorly done. It spams the console to a point and is laggy, and Badspot would have a lot of frustrated people that can't disable the duplicator, and it is causing their Blockland to not function. 

I think the concepts should be made default, but be rewritten since they are pretty poorly made.

Duplicator spams my console with errors.

Although duplicator is quite useful, I don't think it will be made default since there's already Macros. :/

Why doesn't someone fix up the duplicator?

They are great add-ons for speedy building, but I think any addition to the game like that should remain an add-on. The mod system is there to expand the games capabilities, what mods are 'the best' is subjective to each player-- where do you draw the line about what should be made default? Since its not core to playing Blockland, it should remain an optional extra.
How do you determine what is "core" to playing Blockland? How do you decide what is just an "addition" that should be left as an add-on?

These tools are extremely useful, and should be optimized and built into the game.

The duplicator won't be made default due to the code being so poorly done. It spams the console to a point and is laggy, and Badspot would have a lot of frustrated people that can't disable the duplicator, and it is causing their Blockland to not function.  
Actually,there are some Default Add-Ons that you can disable.

Edit*:
Why doesn't someone fix up the duplicator?
I don't know.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:12:17 PM by Clone2 »