Slayer

Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209056 times)

I like the new look!

Keep up the good work G2m.

People seem to be dumping their bricks into the Special tab now so that people don't have to go tabbing into the unknown territory of the brick menu.
I generally think this is a better practice than making millions of tabs for tiny packs of bricks.

They're under special bricks now. Personally,  I liked it better when they had their own tab in the brick menu. Less clutter when it was like that.
Needs to be one tab for bricks with function - teledoors, spawns, chests, ect. - and one for decorative bricks that don't fit anywhere else.

The new look is cool, except for the bar at the top.

I generally think this is a better practice than making millions of tabs for tiny packs of bricks.
I wouldn't care as much if we could see all the tabs in the brick menu layed out nicely but the way it is now is a joke.

Okay I put down plenty of path holes and I have a rally point yet the bots just wander around spawn. What am I doing wrong?
If you have a minute could you give me your debug_server.log of this happening? The file is in config/server/slayer.

Do I need to do console.log or anything, or will it just update itself after running a slayer minigame then closing blockland?

Do I need to do console.log or anything, or will it just update itself after running a slayer minigame then closing blockland?

Nope, Slayer will just create the file. Plant your nodes, try to use the bots, and close Blockland. Then upload the file to http://filedropper.com.

http://www.filedropper.com/debugserver
Here you go.

Thanks. The log shows that your bots have been given objectives (good), but they can't find a path there. Are you sure that your node bricks are in sight of eath other?

Well, I put together an s shaped path out of 16x cubes with 1 16x wide openings and the inside being 32x wide with a control point in the middle. My path nodes were about 6-8 sounds apart, so I had a lot of them down. I can't get pictures of it at the moment.

I had a typo of sorts. Thanks for your help tracking that down.

There should be a new beta release on the updater. Let me know if it downloads correctly.

edit: Oops, I forgot to remove my stats code that I was learning PHP with. Oh well.
phpFun: http://greekmods.net16.net/phpFun.php
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:59:58 PM by Greek2me »

Do bots have trouble with stairs of any sort or is it because im using ModTer bricks?

Do bots have trouble with stairs of any sort or is it because im using ModTer bricks?

They shouldn't. What are they doing? Make sure that the center of your path node is visible from other path nodes.

Some more problems with bots:
1. They will stack on top of each other on a path node because the bot on the ground touching it won't move/has sit down. I recommend turning off all idle behaviors except for wandering.
2. Bots usually just go for one path if there are multiple paths made.
3. After a round starts, bots that respawn tend to just stay at the spawn and walk around. Sometimes they'll start following path nodes sometimes they won't.

I can give you my debug_server file again if you need it.