Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 210941 times)

Sorry, I see no purpose for it.

1 FortWars, so undecided people keep the color but aren't "awarded" teamkills.
2 TDM's with people distracting the fight.
3 Alternative Gamestyles where teams are mere indicators of rank/position.
4 Gamestyles where TDM is there is a big team and a small but freelance team.

... While the two last examples would be better off with some sort of relation system...
The third example is stupid because ranks as team wouldn't hinder slaugter of higher/lower ranks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:52:52 PM by Snick0rz »

Greek2Me, I just had some ideas for OMA, since I have been using it so much.
How about for every 1% of damage a player deals to the boss's health, that player receives a point. The boss should be excluded from receiving points for doing damage to himself and the points the boss get should be determined by the points given per kill. OMA should also track how much damage each player does to the boss in total, and when that player dies or when the round is over, OMA tells that player in chat how much damage they did that round.
Working on it, thanks! Also, did the boss names display for you (on reset) once you'd updated Slayer?

Ah, I see where you're going with this now. Yes, I'll include it in the update.

The final beta of One Man Army is here! Please test it out.

Download OMA Beta 3

This OMA beta REQUIRES the latest Slayer beta. Download it here. (Trust me, you don't have this version yet)

Quote from: Change Log (Beta 3)
  • Fixed issue where the list of bosses wasn't displayed on reset.
  • Changed boss health algorithm to give the boss A LOT more health.
  • Added a boss health modifier pref.
  • Added this feature:
How about for every 1% of damage a player deals to the boss's health, that player receives a point. The boss should be excluded from receiving points for doing damage to himself and the points the boss get should be determined by the points given per kill. OMA should also track how much damage each player does to the boss in total, and when that player dies or when the round is over, OMA tells that player in chat how much damage they did that round.

Also, an update on ZAPT compatibility. I've gotten zombies spawning and everything seems to be working except for GUI (I have to make a new one) and that the zombies don't attack.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:12:06 AM by Greek2me »

Greek, the option for not resetting points at the end of each round doesn't seem to change anything.
Also the boss health modifier screwed up how my server works, I may revert to an older version of OMA because of this.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:35:04 AM by pecon98 »

Greek, what do you think about my suggestions?

Greek, the option for not resetting points at the end of each round doesn't seem to change anything.

That works perfectly at my server.

Greek2Me, I am having a problem with a sort of "Doom Team" getting created, this is where players suddenly aren't auto-sorted into a team and are put into a non-existent team with green names. Please fix this?

Greek, what do you think about my suggestions?
They're interesting, but not priorities.

Also the boss health modifier screwed up how my server works, I may revert to an older version of OMA because of this.
The points will reset no matter what if you have a point limit set for the game.
Setting the health modifier to 0 should fix your problem.

Greek2Me, I am having a problem with a sort of "Doom Team" getting created, this is where players suddenly aren't auto-sorted into a team and are put into a non-existent team with green names. Please fix this?
Can you please give me more details, I'm not sure what's going on exactly. It'd also be great if I can get a traced console log and the server.log file (found in config/Server/Slayer).

Version 2.5 is out to fix those major team issues.

Download

Quote from: Change Log (2.5)
<version:2.5>
   <change:add>Added the option to not punish for team kills.
   <change:gui>Added new icons to GUI.
   <change:bug>Fixed problem where players leaving the game were not removed from their teams, causing autosort problems.
   <change:bug>Fixed bug that caused the minigame to not reset if the last or second to last person left.
   <change:bug>Fixed compatibility issue with Client_AvatarSaver that made uniform editing not work.
   <change:bug>Fixed team color not being set properly when first creating the team.
   <change:bug>Fixed bug that prevented you from removing players from teams.
   <change:bug>Fixed major flaws in client preference handling.
   <change:bug>Fixed name distance sometimes not applying.
   <change:bug>Removed console spam related to dynamic GUI creation.
   <change:bug>Rewrote isInt function to work with decimals. This fixes some preference issues.
</version>
http://greek2me.webs.com/Downloads/Gamemode_Slayer/changeLog.txt

I couldn't get you a traced console log, but I have this.

At least not yet.

Also: Additional details about the problem.
It seems that random people will sometimes not get auto-sorted into a valid team when they join the minigame. It appears that they are teamless since they get what are on the main menu for items.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:23:28 PM by pecon98 »

Update to the latest version (2.5) and tell me if you still have the issue.

Thank you Greek, everything appears to work correctly now.

Now for more suggestions.

How about an extra boss is added to the boss team for every amount of normals on the normal team.
For example once there are 26 players on the normal's team one is automatically moved to be a second boss that round. If there become 47 players on the normal's team two people are moved to the boss's team and so on.

How about an extra boss is added to the boss team for every amount of normals on the normal team.
For example once there are 26 players on the normal's team one is automatically moved to be a second boss that round. If there become 47 players on the normal's team two people are moved to the boss's team and so on.
I think I'm gonna release that in a later update. I plan to release it as is shortly.