9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 536698 times)

I had $25 earlier. I was going to buy Oblivion for the fourth time but I decided against it. I've never owned Oblivion for a PC but I assumed that i'd just save my money for the Skyrim pre-order.

I had $25 earlier. I was going to buy Oblivion for the fourth time but I decided against it. I've never owned Oblivion for a PC but I assumed that i'd just save my money for the Skyrim pre-order.
If you wouldn't be able to get both you made the better choice.

If you wouldn't be able to get both you made the better choice.
Yeah. Thats what I figured. I dont have a job at the moment and money is kind of scarce. I'm sure by the time Skyrim comes out ill have more than enough money to buy both - Even though im sure I wont play Oblivion for awhile after Skyrim comes out.

I'm just going to bump this with the very old, but still awesome animation by Harry Partridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

I'm just going to bump this with the very old, but still awesome animation by Harry Partridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
First time seeing it.

Now I know where that image comes from.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321785/spellbinding-new-skyrim-screens/
is this something new?

actually I think it isn't

So, I went to sleep last night listening to a folder I have that contains the oblivion and morrowind soundtracks.
It was actually the best sleep I've had in a while.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:51:16 AM by Littledude »

http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-on-wii-u/

Skyrim May come to the Wii?

POSTED BY ELDERSCROLL ADMIN ON SEPTEMBER - 25 - 2011
Interested in playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the upcoming Wii U? That may very well be a possibility according to a statement by a Bethesda Executive.
In Skyrim news today we learn that Pete Hines, Vice President of marketing at Bethesda Studios, got with Official Nintendo Magazine to announce that the highly anticipated Elder Scrolls V Skyrim release may also be made available on the Nintendo platform, in addition to the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC platforms.
Hines goes on to say, “It’s definitely a possibility for the future. We’ll look at any platform that will support… games we’re trying to make, but that’s the key thing – the console has to support the game as it is designed.”
The Bethesda Executive also mentioned that it would be a difficult task to take on not only because of the difference in platform, but because the game would also need to be tested in multiple languages.
“The more changes we have to make to a game the less and less palatable it becomes because making a game is an enormous process. Just doing 360, PS3 and PC – I don’t think people understand the amount of work that goes into that. All of the localisation you have to do… all of the testing you have to do… on every platform in every language… It’s a pretty huge undertaking.”
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is presently undergoing development for Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3. It currently scheduled to be released worldwide on November 11, 2011

IMO its a stupid idea. Games like Skyrim arent meant to be played like this.

yeah, but money is to be made.
It's not like they are designing for the wii and then porting it to other stuff (that would be terrifying D:)

It doesn't effect me at all so I don't care about it.

Wait... a potentially successful third-party title on Wii? Impossible!

Skyrim on the Wii U is a terrible idea such horrible gamers who play on a terrible console do not deserve this masterpiece.

Skyrim on the Wii U is a terrible idea such horrible gamers who play on a terrible console do not deserve this masterpiece.
It is a bad idea. Im sure the controls will be forgeted and the graphics will be reduced dramatically.

Wiggle waggle your right arm to try and hit someone with this sword.
Then violently twitch your other arm trying to block with your shield.

thats great if it goes on wii

more money for BGS = better games, dlc, bla bla bla etc etc

thats great if it goes on wii

more money for BGS = better games, dlc, bla bla bla etc etc
Yeah, and its not like you are being forced to buy it on the Wii U and have to deal with the stupid controls or whatever.

Both Skyrim and the Wii U aren't out yet, so you can't really judge them as of now.