9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 526974 times)

>stop installing stuffty mods
It just happens to be the 2cnd highest rated mod on skyrimnexus. It was also the first, and the last, mod I will ever install.

Then you probably installed it wrong. A mod that breaks your game wouldnt be rated Number 2.

Also you should of backed up your saves before you installed the mod. its like the first thing you do. Ever.

Why use mods in the first place?
more fun than rerolling and repeating the same crap but with a bow this time.

My strategy is to keep two non-auto saves going. And save over the oldest after nearly anything important such as breaking a hard lock or killing a difficult enemy. That way if the game crashes, even in the middle of a save, I don't lose any important progress.

Right after that post, I was like "It'll be even more annoying unless I just get it over with now." and I forced my way back through the place. Anyway, I do similar stuff, but apparently not enough.

Then you probably installed it wrong. A mod that breaks your game wouldnt be rated Number 2.

Also you should of backed up your saves before you installed the mod. its like the first thing you do. Ever.
I did backup my saves. It didn't matter because the glitch seemed to carry on over anyway. There was no possibly way I could have installed it wrong, because I used a mod installer that was given to me by a trusted friend. I also tried to re-install it manually but it didn't work.

I did backup my saves. It didn't matter because the glitch seemed to carry on over anyway. There was no possibly way I could have installed it wrong, because I used a mod installer that was given to me by a trusted friend. I also tried to re-install it manually but it didn't work.

Doesnt make sense... :| You should of put the backup somewhere save, then completely uninstall/reinstall the game

Doesnt make sense... :| You should of put the backup somewhere save, then completely uninstall/reinstall the game
No, I did. I put it into the game after uninstalling the stuff mod, and the levels were messed up anyway. All my other backups, corrupted by the mod. I re-installed like 40 times, and did not fix it.

it gets to this point:

and doesn't progress. No smoke, no text, nothing. useless. loving. stuff.

You did something wrong, sorry.

I'm sure you've done "Verify integrity of game cache," right?

i think most of us aren't going to be playing for a while because
> Steam is being shtoopid and not responding when i ask them to bring back my account
> Mega rageuit because, welp, stufff
> asa borked his game with a mod, and now left the forums
fsafaea

4: School/College/Military
5: Constantly yelling Fus Ro Dah in a futile attempt to push your depression away.

So i was leaving the Riften Warehouse when i turned the corner and all the sudden my computer was like BEEEEZOP and shut itself off.

I try start skyrim now, and it wont go past the first loading screen after you click "continue"

So i was leaving the Riften Warehouse when i turned the corner and all the sudden my computer was like BEEEEZOP and shut itself off.

I try start skyrim now, and it wont go past the first loading screen after you click "continue"
that happens. You have to go to Control Panel, Sounds, then set your speakers to 24hz or somethingwhatever.

that happens. You have to go to Control Panel, Sounds, then set your speakers to 24hz or somethingwhatever.

Wat.