Author Topic: The plan for v20  (Read 46610 times)

I literally screamed when I saw this.

In a good way or a bad way?

Cool! Will we ever get buildable vehicles or a build mode?

Buildable vehicles = Never. We can't do it with the actual blocks we use, and everything else comes out extremely inefficient and hacky. This will never be Garry's Mod. As for Build Mode... What? We... have that?

Some rough idea that popped up into my head, maybe use an actual BL scene for the background? I guess you could use fog emitters or something.

That means loading up the server with the game, reloading it each time you simply want to go to the main menu, plus any map business it might have. More likely for someone to screw over their entire game if things happen while within a game instead of just on the menu. Far too complex and possibly dangerous.

I'm guessing loading is 10 times faster now?

That means loading up the server with the game, reloading it each time you simply want to go to the main menu, plus any map business it might have. More likely for someone to screw over their entire game if things happen while within a game instead of just on the menu. Far too complex and possibly dangerous.
What do you mean? I simply mean replacing the background of the launcher.

Scripting and stuff is still going to be the same... Right?

The only thing that changed is the auto updater and the dedicated server.exe right?

Not the folders to put add-ons and stuff....

RIGHT??

Scripting and stuff is still going to be the same... Right?

The only thing that changed is the auto updater and the dedicated server.exe right?

Not the folders to put add-ons and stuff....

RIGHT??

Add-ons and everything will still work, you just put them in a different place now. 

Very Good, I can't wait for the release.

As for Build Mode... What? We... have that?

I think he means something like Roblox Studio where you fly around in a paused map and build.

"Build Mode" is another word for Single Player Mode.
His definition of "Build Mode" would never be made.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:26:17 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Is the Sqlite Error fixed for mac? Yes you can delete Cache.db but the error returns a few servers later. Plus setting permissions to allow everyone doesn't work.

I have to laugh about all these posts here that literally read like "DAMN THAT IS THE loveIEST AUTOUPDATER I HAVE EVER SEEN. I AM SO EXCITED, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT loving AUTOUPDATER. I COULD STARE AT IT ALL DAY."

I am totally looking forward to more frequent updates and patches though.