Author Topic: The plan for v20  (Read 46621 times)

Are there any plans to update the graphics though?
I think to update the graphics it would take a lot of jumping through hoops and basically bending cold, hard steel into what we wanted to do that.

The engine is pretty much as pretty as it'll get, plus all the optimizing that was done for brick counts.

I think that lighting and shadows could be improved, correct me if I'm wrong. Specifically dynamic lighting/shadows.

I still want that day night cycle that baddy mentioned years ago.

I think that lighting and shadows could be improved, correct me if I'm wrong. Specifically dynamic lighting/shadows.
Yes! It annoys me you can only see lights when you are close to them.

How exactly could you improve what we have now any more than it already is?

Pixel shader couldn't be put into blockland, and shadows can't be casted on bricks because they aren't part of the map.

Yes! It annoys me you can only see lights when you are close to them.
You can see light from far away, it just depends on how many lights there are; seven is the max amount of lights Blockland can render.
edit: whoops double post :o

How exactly could you improve what we have now any more than it already is?

Pixel shader couldn't be put into blockland, and shadows can't be casted on bricks because they aren't part of the map.
Bricks are part of a map as much as players are

And I'm saying that we could use some dynamic lighting for bricks.

But back on topic, the update GUI looks amazing!

Bricks are part of a map as much as players are
Bricks and players are different then the map is. Shadows can only be rendered on the map itself, not bricks or players, for that reason. Screenshots take a bit to render because of it.

Oh nice. So we can get a bunch of smaller, faster updates instead of one big update every year.

Wait, does this mean that you'll disable the crappy looking DOS console?

Wait, does this mean that you'll disable the crappy looking DOS console?
That's already possible using a certain batch file that was made for v0002.

Do you have a link? And I know it's possible to disable it in the engine, I read something about it.