Author Topic: 2011/10/12 - Blockland Launcher r1361  (Read 57701 times)

I got the new launcher, and I get this error.

I have some theories as to why.

First: I screwed up the location of documents by moving the folder to my desktop. I didn't think this would be a problem because I chose to install Blockland in that folder, by choosing the location when installing, but you never know.

Second: The name of the user in the picture (blocked by red), is actually the other user than I on this computer!

Third: I'm using a windows vista, so there is no "My Documents" (that I could find), just "Documents."

Another problem, when I go to the Blockland folder in Documents, there are only two files: BlocklandLauncher.exe and uninstall.exe, no launcher.log.

Any guesses to how to fix this?

Uninstall Blockland. Then reinstall, but when you're in the installer, leave it as program files or whatever.

Badspot, are you considering implementing a changelog in some form in the future? Just something to kinda keep us informed of whats in these updates as they come along.

Badspot, are you considering implementing a changelog in some form in the future? Just something to kinda keep us informed of whats in these updates as they come along.
Uh, he made a topic for the latest rev. I assume that's how it'll be done in the future.

It works pretty fantastic, thank you Baddy.

Badspot

• Administrator

No.  Well, maybe if I you had to pass a reading comprehension test before you could see it.  As it stands now people read the change log, understand nothing, assume the worst and immediately go on a tirade about how I've ruined the game.  Most changes you just don't need to know about.

Today when I started blocklandlauncher, it said to please make sure that users/MYUSER/documents/blockland is writable, even though it is. Here is my launcher.log

Badspot

• Administrator
Today when I started blocklandlauncher, it said to please make sure that users/MYUSER/documents/blockland is writable, even though it is. Here is my launcher.log

Please download the latest build of the launcher and try again.

Please download the latest build of the launcher and try again.

I have the latest version. I fixed the issue by deleting cache.db

No.  Well, maybe if I you had to pass a reading comprehension test before you could see it.  As it stands now people read the change log, understand nothing, assume the worst and immediately go on a tirade about how I've ruined the game.  Most changes you just don't need to know about.

Alright, thank you.

Uninstall Blockland. Then reinstall, but when you're in the installer, leave it as program files or whatever.

I did that, and still get the same error. Still no launcher.log. Help?

Badspot

• Administrator
I have the latest version.

Not according to the log you posted.

Alright, Badspot, I respect you for making this and I think the new version is cool and all, but I've about had it with these problems.

First of all, this new version screwed up my Blockland.  So I re-installed it finally.  That fixed my RTB problem temporarily.  I have to download RTB4 and install it.  So it downloads, and it says Blockland must close to install RTB4.  Well, it closed, but didn't install.  So I opened up Blockland again through the shortcut, but I didn't have RTB.  I went over to the RTB website and downloaded and installed it.  Started Blockland once again, wasn't there.  I don't know what the forget is wrong with me, or my computer.  I just want to play Blockland again without any problems.

Pics for proof:

Test run: When closing Blockland after re-installation, and when I start it up again via the launcher, RTB isn't there, none of my add-ons are there. i'n just really confused. So that pretty much summarizes up my problems.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:13:47 PM by Jacky »

Place RTB in Documents/Blockland

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:24:08 PM by Jacky »