Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 405419 times)

Haven't used one since I was 4 or 5, but I don't know if one will suit my PRO GAYMAN needs.

i mean like this above ^

I need help :(
@Beachbum: Restore your computer back to default? Make sure you have your important files backed up.

Isn't there any other way. I have a lot more stuff on my computer now. And what about the other few things?

Isn't there any other way. I have a lot more stuff on my computer now. And what about the other few things?
There is other ways.

You could delete stuff from the startup folder in your "All Programs" tab on the start menu?

Start cleaning up all the bullstuff you've installed on your computer by taking some time and uninstalling them. But anyhow, I always use a clean copy of windows whenever it slows down my rig.

You fond with ball mouses by any chance?
'tis called a trackball. It's really useful if you're using a surface not meant for an optical mouse (i.e. couch arms, bed pillows, etc.)
Either way for a solution under $75 that doesn't overwhelm anyone I'd personally recommend the Razer DeathAdder.
@Beachbum: Restore your computer back to default? Make sure you have your important files backed up.
That's a terrible method. There are plenty of ways to fix his computer without making any hasty decisions.
CCleaner being one of the methods to fix registry issues, and clean up stuff left over from other programs.
msconfig for disabling services and startup programs he doesn't use or need.
Please lern2 before giving bullstuff answers, kthx.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:55:45 PM by KoopaScooper »

So, I am planning on purchasing a custom PC, and I have come up with a list of parts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mpSB

Just wanted to know if this list is pretty good, since I am fairly unexperienced with PC parts.

It'd be nice to hear some recommendations. I'd also like to note I have a fair budget. I am going to sell my Mac for around $700 - $1000, plus I have some money with me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:09:12 AM by rooster767 »

So, I am planning on purchasing a custom PC, and I have come up with a list of parts.

Just wanted to know if this list is pretty good, since I am fairly unexperienced with PC parts.

It'd be nice to hear some recommendations. I'd also like to note I have a fair budget. I am going to sell my Mac for around $700 - $1000, plus I have some money with me.
why dont you build it yourself instead of buy it? it will cost much less.

personally I wouldn't spend $2000(1500 if you don't count monitors) on a computer with no SSD in it (even though I did, which is why I would never again)

also you might want to spend just a little more money on a power supply (but you did pick a modular one which is good)

ditch the soundcard if you don't have very good headphones. unless you have a very good reason for needing a soundcard, you don't need a soundcard.

you can also downgrade to W7 Home instead of Professional - most people don't ever use the extra features and you save a bit of money.

First, whenever I start up my computer all this stuff starts up with it. I don't know what programs are mandatory for my computer and the ones that are hogging my stuff. I didn't even install half that stuff but this is what happens when you have stupid friends

I bloody answered you that on your own thread.

TBH onboard audio is good enough for most people. Unless you're some sort of audiophile, a sound card is not needed, as that board has great onboard audio. You could put that money from the sound card into an SSD.

I'm looking for nice graphics card thats at least under 250.
Something strong enough to handle Battlefield 3, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, CoD MW2, and Grand Theft Auto: IV on at least medium to high settings.

My current card (Radeon 6670) Just isn't doing it's job.

You could delete stuff from the startup folder in your "All Programs" tab on the start menu?
You could also disable stuff using msconfig
just type "msconfig" in the Run... window

Just be careful. Make sure you know what you're doing and all that. You probably should leave any Windows Processes alone.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I have edited a few things, so here is my new list.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mvmY

Also, to note, I have a copy of Windows 7 Professional OEM with me, so I don't see buying an operating system is necessary.

Just being safe, I don't want to goof things up in terms of compatibility with programs. It'd probably be a good idea too because I might not like Windows 8 either.

And here is one question to throw out there; why can't I run Battlefield 3 when my system exceeds the system requirements, and comes close to the recommended? Do I need to update my graphics drivers? I get anywhere around 10 - 30 FPS when playing.

You could also disable stuff using msconfig
just type "msconfig" in the Run... window

Just be careful. Make sure you know what you're doing and all that. You probably should leave any Windows Processes alone.
I was thinking that but I forgot how to get it open, oops.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I have edited a few things, so here is my new list.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mvmY

Also, to note, I have a copy of Windows 7 Professional OEM with me, so I don't see buying an operating system is necessary.

Just being safe, I don't want to goof things up in terms of compatibility with programs. It'd probably be a good idea too because I might not like Windows 8 either.

while that power supply is rated better, it outputs less power than your last one. keep that in mind.

I suggest adding an SSD, too. you saved $250 on monitors and could afford to spend a hundred or so on an SSD now.

And here is one question to throw out there; why can't I run Battlefield 3 when my system exceeds the system requirements, and comes close to the recommended? Do I need to update my graphics drivers? I get anywhere around 10 - 30 FPS when playing.

it's possible you need to update drivers - it's also possible your GPU is just weak, or bottlenecked. if you don't quite meet recommended, don't expect miracles.