4 (2.5%)
Windows 2000
1 (0.6%)
Windows NT4
3 (1.9%)
I use a Mac or Linux
5 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Author Topic: Windows 8 sucks?  (Read 8385 times)

I love Windows. From my old Win98 computer, to my current Win7 computer. Windows > Linux and Mac. But in 2012, Windows 8 comes out. I was curious about Win8 when I heard about it. I searched it up and found the most user-friendly crap I've ever seen. User-friendly usually means good, but I like a basic computer, where you actually have to open like a million files to find a picture. :)

Differences:

The start Menu

What is this, a Windows phone?! I can't believe that they are changing the classic start menu with these loving squares. Wait whats this?

Oh great! :) We get the classic! But that doesn't explain the other forgetstart. Word 15? I thought we hadn't got THAT far yet. And what's up with the start button? It looks like the most bland button I've ever seen. Slackers. Wait:

Holy stuff. It is the damn start menu and it has like a million options! How much can you update the start menu!
More coming soon.

loving windows 8, it's the biggest heap of bullstuff ever.
Wasn't there another topic?

That looks purely awful.

I'm glad I have a stuff computer that can only run XP.

Calm down man! It's not coming out for quite a while and they know what people hate.

Also microsoft word 2010 = 14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Word#Versions

that start menu looks like absolute ass

I'd rather wait for the final product than complain over things that may change.

Calm down man! It's not coming out for quite a while and they know what people hate.
This

I hope there is some kind of desktop sort of thing because it would suck and it would be hard to get used to no desktop

I like 95 personally. It might be because that was the current version when I was born.

Yeah, but everyone is going to have to change to it eventually.

And what's up with the start button? It looks like the most bland button I've ever seen.
Like this was so much better:

You are really scraping the barrel.

I like 95 personally. It might be because that was the current version when I was born.
Oh wait you're just being a troll. My mistake.

I'd rather wait for the final product than complain over things that may change.
This
However, if we don't speak up when they pre-release stuff they might get to think that we're okay with the recent developments.

I hope there is some kind of desktop sort of thing because it would suck and it would be hard to get used to no desktop
At least in the dev preview there was a "tile" (Metro-style start menu icon) for accessing the legacy desktop for legacy applications.

Like this was so much better:

You are really scraping the barrel.
Yes, yes it very much is. It stands out from the other icons better, making it obvious that it's "special". Earlier Windows versions (from 95/NT4 and on) always had the start-menu icon stand out from the other icons in some way.