2011/11/16 - Blockland r1491 - Teledoors

Author Topic: 2011/11/16 - Blockland r1491 - Teledoors  (Read 57488 times)

onTeledoorEnter
This would be nice.
Also an output event
teledoorDeny
teledoorAllow
which would deny or allow said player from going through the door.

Sure you're actually clicking? Can you activate evented bricks? A client mod could be causing it, and I'm not getting this bug.
I can activate bricks and yes I am clicking. I guess it is an addon, even though I don't have that many and all disabled.

I can activate bricks and yes I am clicking. I guess it is an addon, even though I don't have that many and all disabled.
Client sided mods are enabled if they are in your add-on folder, not otherwise.
Try removing them from the folder?

out with JVS doors it is :3

Client sided mods are enabled if they are in your add-on folder, not otherwise.
Try removing them from the folder?
I'll just reinstall completely, I need to restart anyway, and I need to be sure i backup my screenshots, saves and maps :p

Also an output event
teledoorDeny
teledoorAllow
which would deny or allow said player from going through the door.
It may be easier to just put a JVS door in front of your teledoor to control access.

JVS and teledoors have completely different purposes.

Teledoors aren't at all real doors, they're like setplayertransform without the hassle of events (and nicer transitions). Badspot is so pro at making new stuff I hope he keeps it up! I'm really enjoying this :)

Now you're thinking with portals.

This is loving cool, I always had to use a glitchy teleport event that always caused console errors along the way.

were we previously able to force a player to look in a different direction with code?  that is the coolest part about these doors.

This should make the new portal gun easier to make right?

This should make the new portal gun easier to make right?
Not really. It doesn't work on projectiles, and just uses setTransform, not tunneling smoothly or anything.