2011/11/18 - Blockland r1494

Author Topic: 2011/11/18 - Blockland r1494  (Read 44359 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Blockland r1494

I have done some miscellaneous things to try and track down this crash-on-fullscreen issue.  If you are still having this problem, or if you were having this problem and it is now fixed, please participate in this help thread:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=176633.0

I have also added an additional check when playing sounds that you have not downloaded, as some people reported crashing if you did not download music (I could not personally duplicate this issue).  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:25:04 PM by Badspot »

I have also added an additional check when playing sounds that you have not downloaded, as some people reported crashing if you did not download music (I could not personally duplicate this issue). 
cool.

Thanks Badspot. This fixes a big problem of mine.

oh, THAT issue

it's caused by looping sounds. also ambient music bricks with a very large radius

also, can you look into that? ambient music, i mean. maybe have them only placeable by the server host (or an admin with the license to) so you don't get a server-wide unholy noise zone

ambient NOISES would be interesting, too. gusts of wind, bird noises, customization by the player of course

Badspot

• Administrator
also, can you look into that? ambient music, i mean. maybe have them only placeable by the server host (or an admin with the license to) so you don't get a server-wide unholy noise zone

ambient NOISES would be interesting, too. gusts of wind, bird noises, customization by the player of course

The way you're using the word "ambient" doesn't make sense.  If you're talking about server-wide sounds then that is not a default feature of the game. 

The way you're using the word "ambient" doesn't make sense.  If you're talking about server-wide sounds then that is not a default feature of the game. 

Referring to "ambient" music (sound) the way he said it has half-sense... He means background sounds that play on a larger radius repeated times, like, a brick triggering a relay playing a bird sound over and over again, helping the atmosphere of a location.

More than that, I don't know.

The way you're using the word "ambient" doesn't make sense.  If you're talking about server-wide sounds then that is not a default feature of the game.  

Or he means things like the waterfall sound effect in Creek, where there is something visible in Mission Editor where you can change the sound or delete the thing altogether.

I may upload a screenshot later or tomorrow to show that.

I think Bushido wants a new music brick, in which only 1 can be placed, and only the host can place it, and it can be heard anywhere on the server.

A music brick uses an AudioClosestLooping3D sound profile or one of those right? Well if a music brick was made that uses AudioLooping2D then it should be able to be heard at all times on the server.

I have a custom map that has an audio emitter which plays a blowing winds sound using AudioLooping2D, and regardless of the range it is set to, or how far I am away from it, I can listen to the winds blowing.

I think Bushido wants a new music brick, in which only 1 can be placed, and only the host can place it, and it can be heard anywhere on the server.

A music brick uses an AudioClosestLooping3D sound profile or one of those right? Well if a music brick was made that uses AudioLooping2D then it should be able to be heard at all times on the server.

I have a custom map that has an audio emitter which plays a blowing winds sound using AudioLooping2D, and regardless of the range it is set to, or how far I am away from it, I can listen to the winds blowing.
Badspot is not the person who needs to do this.

yes but the issue with the concept is that ambient music bricks as they're done now sound (automatically) like a weaponized ear rape to anyone who ISN'T the server host, so it probably requires engine changes to work properly

yes but the issue with the concept is that ambient music bricks as they're done now sound (automatically) like a weaponized ear rape to anyone who ISN'T the server host, so it probably requires engine changes to work properly

I had issues where my map's ambient music sounded like ear rape to everyone else but me (the host).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:14:39 PM by Lørd Tøny »

Topic Title
Blockland r1491
Topic Name
Blockland r1494
????

Topic TitleTopic Name????
Also, it has the wrong date in the title.

Thank god you're cracking down on that crash-on-undownloaded-music-heard bug.