Author Topic: =Jurassic Block= Server Status is Offline  (Read 3056 times)

WELCOME! Whether you are here to observe, mock or volunteer for the project, we appreciate the attention! Jurassic Block is a Blockland film based of of Michael Crichton's and Stephen Spielberg's famous film, Jurassic Park. Being a large fan of the books and movies, I'm making it my job to bring it to Blockland! This perhaps will be a long, tedious project, but if kept up to good speed, it will be finished for others to enjoy!

"International Genetic Technologies"
The film centers on the fictional Isla Nublock near Costa Blocka in the Central Blockland Pacific Coast, where a billionaire philanthropist and a small team of genetic scientists have created an amusement park of cloned Dinosaurs.

If you have never watched the original film, I recommend reading up on the basics from the wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park_(film)

There are going to be a massive amount of positions for those who are interested in getting in on the project as a volunteer, if I missed any possible jobs that could be put into the film, send me a PM or simply post.
Warning: The server will be passworded when it's up and running as the build team assembles. If you wish to spectate or help build, please either contact me on the IRC for the password on through PM on the forums. If you enter into the server to cause trouble, such as annoying the builders or vandalizing the build, you will be permanently banned and removed from the member list if you are signed up.
PROJECT DIRECTORS
Well DUH, Of course this is going to be a position, but only for selected people. If you are interested in helping direct the project, send me a PM, and I will decide whether or not you are eligible. We don't want bad Administrators helping run the project.
People currently on the Project Directors Team:
TeslaCoil

Other Positions to fill:
SET BUILDERS
WE NEED set builders, these workers make up the backbone of any Blockland film!Once an assigned project is completed, we will move onto the next build. However, you are required to notify me and have me inspect the set before completion is decided.
Build Teams Current Objective:
THE VISITOR CENTER

People currently on the Set building Team:
Orion, MorningStar, Robin Ihoodl

SERVER HOSTERS
In the case of Hosting failure on my part, we are going to need people who can host for the teams to work on their projects! Don't worry, if you volunteer for this position, you will still be allowed to join other teams such as the building team.
People currently on the Hosting team:
TeslaCoil, Orion

MODELLERS
Modelers will be required for some of the few props that will be in the film. We would appreciate any modelers participation in the project.
Current Props needed:

Jurassic park Off rail Jeep,

We will require two versions of this vehicle, one with an open top roof, and one without.
Modeler assigned:
Nobody yet
Model Status:
0%

=X=

Jurassic Park On rail Jeep:

This is the main vehicle Jurassic park visitors ride in, it is powered by an electric rail in the ground and is designed to move slowly safari style.
Modeler assigned:
none yet
Model status:
0%

The Park Helicopter:

soisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoiso isoisoisoi
Modeler assigned:
notta
Model Status:
0%

<:THE DINOSAUR MODELS:>

The T-Rex

The Triceratops on it's side

Velociraptor

Dilophosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Pterodactyl

Modeler assigned for entire set:
nobody yet
Dino Set Status
0%

<WEAPONS>
Jurassic Park SPAS 12: Modeler required

Jurassic Park Electric Dino Prods: Modeler required

MODEL ANIMATORS
I'm not so sure about this one, but smooth animations for the Dinosaurs, action scenes, and characters would be nice. IF not, we'll just have to do this film stiffly.
Animation Team:
None yet

STORYBOARDISTS
If we happen to get a good animator on the team, we will have someone who draws up the storyboards for the characters actions.
Current Story Board members:
TeslaCoil

DECAL AND LOGO ARTISTS
We've already had our first two logos completed by my favorite person MasterLegoDude! A great thanks.
I'm not sure if we need anymore decals or logos made, but if you have any ideas, PM me and sign up for this position.
Current Artist members
MasterLegoDude

MAPPER
YES! WE need the Island made for Blockland! Isla Nublock!

NO MAPPER ASSIGNED

ACTORS
What's a movie without them?

Positions needed to be filled:

Dr. Alan Grant:

Donald Gennaro:

Dr. Ian Malcolm:

Dr. Sattler (female role):

John Parker Hammond: TeslaCoil

Robert Muldoon the Ausie Game Warden:

Dennis Nedry, the disgruntled architect of Jurassic Park's computer systems:

Ray Arnold, the park's chief engineer:

Dr. Henry Wu, the park's chief geneticist:

Lewis Dodgson, the head of InGen's rival corporation Biosyn:

The voice of Mr. DNA: (I'm going to need someone who can work some movie magic, such as adding some short clips of movies on unanimated Television/computer screen surfaces made out of bricks.)

Volunteer Boy, the one who thought the Velociraptor looked like "a giant turkey" in the film:

Extras: We require a couple of people to don some terrifying white lab coats and go about their sci-ency business.

CAMERA PEOPLE AND SPECIAL EFFECTS ARTISTS
We require those who own fraps, or a similar program that provides recording quality. We also need those who own any Adobe Visual Programs or Sony Vegas programs for added visual effects!

Orion (Camera and filming?) MorningStar (Special Effects?), Robin Ihoodl (Special Effects and filming?)

CONCEPT ARTISTS
If you have any ideas for Jurassic Block and it's teams, feel free to draw up a concept to present to us.
Concept Team
No members yet

AND FINALLY

The Jurassic Block WIP schedule and Applications format. I don't plan to let any of the teams take off until after Thanksgiving for when I return from Tennessee. So in the meantime, if you want to volunteer for any of the positions Listed, please Post here or send me a PM in this format.

Name:

Skill:

Desired position:

Example of your work:

Thank you.

Reminder: The Project does not launch until a few days after Thanksgiving.

Welcome, to Jurassic Block!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:31:54 PM by TeslaCoil »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=170191.0

I still have the maps for Isla Nublar and Sorna, but they probably wouldn't fit to your criteria.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=170191.0

I still have the maps for Isla Nublar and Sorna, but they probably wouldn't fit to your criteria.
It will have to be large enough to where everything isn't so close together. Too big isn't good either.

It will have to be large enough to where everything isn't so close together.
I could possibly remake Nublar but it would be very time consuming.

Good luck anyways.

I could possibly remake Nublar but it would be very time consuming.

Good luck anyways.
If you can, I'll add you to the list. But we need people we can depend on.

If you can, I'll add you to the list. But we need people we can depend on.
Hmmm... do you need it to be exactly to scale according to the map in the OP? Do you want all the buildings and stuff to be in the map or just terrain? Because I might be willing to do this.

Hmmm... do you need it to be exactly to scale according to the map in the OP? Do you want all the buildings and stuff to be in the map or just terrain? Because I might be willing to do this.
All we want is the Landmass, the buildings are going to be made by the Build Team. I'm not so sure about scale but it would be nice if you could do that.

Eh, now that I think of it it seems like it would be way too complicated to make the map the correct size for adequate building space for you guys. Sorry.

Eh, now that I think of it it seems like it would be way too complicated to make the map the correct size for adequate building space for you guys. Sorry.
That's fine. If all else fails We'll build the map out of Bricks >_0

I can do female acting and a bit of female voice acting :o

I can do female acting and a bit of female voice acting :o
If you want to, PM me your application and it shall be considered

If you want to, PM me your application and it shall be considered
I might not really be the best for the job, I've got a semi-broken mic and I'd only have a few minutes on the weekdays for voice acting.

At least send a voice sample. It's all that is needed.

i thought this was the build and i spit my cheerios