Author Topic: I Am Alive [Comeback]  (Read 826 times)

I Am Alive [Old]

Plot
I Am Alive takes place after a catastrophic earthquake hits chicago.  Millions are dead, and the city is leveled. The protagonist, a middle-class man named Adam Collins, has to evade enemies, keep from becoming dehydrated, find his missing girlfriend, and stay alive in a crumbled city.  Adam also has to evade certain citizens throughout the game, as they'll do anything in order to take his belongings.

Gameplay
The player controls Adam Collins in a third person perspective. The player can use various tactics to stay alive, including using an empty gun to threaten enemies, finding food and water around the city in order to keep Adam alive and healthy, and use of actual live weapons, including pistols and bows.
The player can also drive abandoned vehicles.  The game has an emphasis on platforming and exploration.  The player will scale wrecked buildings and navigate hazardous areas. Gameplay footage shows similar mechanics to the Uncharted series.

The game will be available on Playstation Network and X-Box Live near the end of 2011.  

Development
The game was first rumored to be in development in July 2008, when it was told that Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond was working on a new game, which was announced at E3 2008, along with a trailer. It was later revealed that Raymond was not working on the game.  Development of the game experienced various delays. The original developers, Darkworks, announced that it would not be working on it any longer due to a "mutual decision" and that the studio had other obligations, and that the game would instead be finished at Ubisoft Shanghai's studio.  On August 2009, various screenshots of an old build of the game were leaked onto the Internet.  An announcement from Ubisoft initially indicated a release window of between Q2 April 2010- Q2 March 2011. These dates have since passed with no new information released on the status of the game until June 2011 when a notification was published at the Australian classification website which indicated a possible release in the late summer of 2011.

Media

Most stuff copied from Wikipedia.  

I accidentally posted most of the old stuff.  

I Am Alive [Comeback]

Plot
The plot is most likely similar to I Am Alive except for a new character.  

Media

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:02:55 PM by blockhead55 »

Gameplay footage shows similar mechanics to the Uncharted series.

HOLY forget YES!
Uncharted in the post apocalyptic era.

Wow, this looks really fun. Is there going to be/already a PC release?

forget YES. Now I can see my city in ruins!

Thanks for the positive feedback. 

Added development section.

There was another game that started like this... I just know it.

apparently no pc release. 

Note: In Transformers 3, Chicago gets forgeted up bigtime.

Looks really good, but for some reason the people's bodies look unproportional to me.

Updated to comeback.  I will add more information later but I have to go.  I personally like the first version better.