7 (9.2%)
Trance
9 (11.8%)
Hardstyle/Hard Dance
8 (10.5%)
Moombah/Glitch Hop/Downtempo
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: The EDM Megathread - Monday Monstercat release!  (Read 212125 times)

Honestly I might convert down to Ableton since my uncle has a unused copy he's willing to lend to me.
Dude you should really give it a try. Like just stop using anything else for 2 days and use Ableton a bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Wxc4uSi6E

These video guides helped me get started on it.

Honestly I might convert down to Ableton since my uncle has a unused copy he's willing to lend to me.

"convert down"

Bitch unless you're using Pro Tools, you're not converting down, you're upgrading. Be proud that you're becoming a man. Let the kids stay in the sandbox with their FL.

"convert down"

Bitch unless you're using Pro Tools, you're not converting down, you're upgrading. Be proud that you're becoming a man. Let the kids stay in the sandbox with their FL.
I didn't mean it like that :c
Everybody has there preferences. I just think if I switch to Ableton I'd have a easy time learning since my uncle has a general knowledge on how to work his way around it and stuff and I dunno. I am converting some vsts I liked from FL to Ableton though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:41:58 PM by Ghille »

Wow Beach, lol. I like how you automatically assumed I hate Apple because of their products. I don't hate them because of their products, I hate them as a company. I hate Microsoft, too, just not as much as Apple. I have my reasons for hating Apple and you don't need to know any of them; all you need to know is that I don't hate their products. I think Macs are fine. I certainly prefer Windows computers over Macs but I don't hate Macs. I know very well that they're very well-built machines and they are just as good for producing/playing live as Windows computers are. I also don't agree that Macs surpass Windows computers, but that's just my opinion.

As far as which DAW is "the best," that is completely and totally subjective. I don't hate Ableton. I don't hate any DAW. I've tried Ableton and I personally don't like it for producing. I can easily see how it blows FL Studio out the window in terms of live performance, but I'm not concerned with that just yet because I'm not quite ready to get into performing live. I personally think FL Studio is better for production because it works better for me, and I'm going to continue using it because of that very reason.

Just because I don't personally like it doesn't mean that I think it's a bad DAW. Many of my music-producing friends use Ableton and I've seen just how powerful it is, I don't disagree with that. Hell, I've seen and used Reason and Cubase as well, both of which are also very powerful DAWs. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what you use to make your music, as long as the final product is something that makes you sit back and think, "Wow."

You dislike FL Studio and Windows. I dislike Ableton and Macs. It's all a matter of opinion and what works best for everybody in their respective situations. There is no "perfect DAW." There is no "best operating system." Windows has its flaws just like OS X has its flaws. FL Studio has its downsides just like Ableton has its downsides. So how about we just agree to disagree and move on with our music production, hm?

Wow Beach, lol. I like how you automatically assumed I hate Apple because of their products.
forget apple

I'm gon play around with the trial tomorrow and ask him for the copy on Thanksgiving. I can convert some of my projects in Ableton right? I'm just makin sure cus I have something I really want to finish and it'd be a perfect way to learn my way around Ableton, and just sayin, nobody here convinced me to use it I was discussing it with my uncle like yesterday and he said I should play around with it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:46:22 PM by Ghille »

...which pretty much justifies him later saying:

I don't hate them because of their products, I hate them as a company.

did you just like
stop reading there and rush to snag that quote to prove nothing..?

I didn't mean it like that :c
Everybody has there preferences. I just think if I switch to Ableton I'd have a easy time learning since my uncle has a general knowledge on how to work his way around it and stuff and I dunno. I am converting some vsts I liked from FL to Ableton though.

Word. The thing is this though, you can't rely on someone else to teach you how to use it. Everybody has their own unique way of working with a program. If you asked me how to open Massive with a keyboard shortcut, I'd shrug and not be able to give you an answer. I'm so used to clicking a button on my controller and it opens everything I need. But congrats on making the switch <3

Wow Beach, lol. I like how you automatically assumed I hate Apple because of their products. I don't hate them because of their products, I hate them as a company. I hate Microsoft, too, just not as much as Apple. I have my reasons for hating Apple and you don't need to know any of them; all you need to know is that I don't hate their products. I think Macs are fine. I certainly prefer Windows computers over Macs but I don't hate Macs. I know very well that they're very well-built machines and they are just as good for producing/playing live as Windows computers are. I also don't agree that Macs surpass Windows computers, but that's just my opinion.

As far as which DAW is "the best," that is completely and totally subjective. I don't hate Ableton. I don't hate any DAW. I've tried Ableton and I personally don't like it for producing. I can easily see how it blows FL Studio out the window in terms of live performance, but I'm not concerned with that just yet because I'm not quite ready to get into performing live. I personally think FL Studio is better for production because it works better for me, and I'm going to continue using it because of that very reason.

Just because I don't personally like it doesn't mean that I think it's a bad DAW. Many of my music-producing friends use Ableton and I've seen just how powerful it is, I don't disagree with that. Hell, I've seen and used Reason and Cubase as well, both of which are also very powerful DAWs. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what you use to make your music, as long as the final product is something that makes you sit back and think, "Wow."

You dislike FL Studio and Windows. I dislike Ableton and Macs. It's all a matter of opinion and what works best for everybody in their respective situations. There is no "perfect DAW." There is no "best operating system." Windows has its flaws just like OS X has its flaws. FL Studio has its downsides just like Ableton has its downsides. So how about we just agree to disagree and move on with our music production, hm?

I can totally agree with you that it's all relative, yes. But majority rules. Like, I'm telling you this because I was like you guys when I first started. I loved FL studio. It's easy, it's visually appealing, and on top of that, the piano roll is literally the most genius tool ever created. It's loving awesome. But it's literally the lowest end DAW out there. Ableton is yes, mainly used for live performances, but holy stuff if you learn how to use it off-stage... my god your music will go from

[   ] to

guaranteed.

I'm gon play around with the trial tomorrow and ask him for the copy on Thanksgiving. I can convert some of my projects in Ableton right? I'm just makin sure cus I have something I really want to finish and it'd be a perfect way to learn my way around Ableton, and just sayin, nobody here convinced me to use it I was discussing it with my uncle like yesterday and he said I should play around with it.

If you have any questions, inbox me on here, I'll be able to walk you through most everything. I'll be out of the country so responses will be delayed and I might not be able to give you exact tutorials (not taking any of my computers), but i can give pretty good advice without the actual program.

Well, all I can say is that I certainly know who to go to when I pick up Ableton sometime in the future.

Well, all I can say is that I certainly know who to go to when I inevitably pick up Ableton sometime in the future.

correcting that right about meow.

Word. The thing is this though, you can't rely on someone else to teach you how to use it. Everybody has their own unique way of working with a program. If you asked me how to open Massive with a keyboard shortcut, I'd shrug and not be able to give you an answer. I'm so used to clicking a button on my controller and it opens everything I need. But congrats on making the switch <3

I can totally agree with you that it's all relative, yes. But majority rules. Like, I'm telling you this because I was like you guys when I first started. I loved FL studio. It's easy, it's visually appealing, and on top of that, the piano roll is literally the most genius tool ever created. It's loving awesome. But it's literally the lowest end DAW out there. Ableton is yes, mainly used for live performances, but holy stuff if you learn how to use it off-stage... my god your music will go from

[   ] to

guaranteed.

If you have any questions, inbox me on here, I'll be able to walk you through most everything. I'll be out of the country so responses will be delayed and I might not be able to give you exact tutorials (not taking any of my computers), but i can give pretty good advice without the actual program.

what the hell lol

what the hell lol

you clearly didn't read anything in there and only quoted the pic of the hot bitch having an climax. good job, you're still a loving idiot.

you clearly didn't read anything in there and only quoted the pic of the hot bitch having an climax. good job, you're still a loving idiot.

i've been following this topic for a while, i did read it

but i still dont how that relates to which program is better  :panda:

i've been following this topic for a while, i did read it

but i still dont how that relates to which program is better  :panda:
Hes trying to say when you go to Ableton your music will sound climaxic.

I've gotta take a break from production because I'm out of creative juices ._.

Hes trying to say when you go to Ableton your music will sound climaxic.
It's true ._.

I made a leap in the sound I made when I switched.