Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1628835 times)

Protip: Don't spend 50% (or any) of your "why should you accept me" section giving us excuses to not accept you. Perhaps we're too enthusiastic about denials if the last review was any indication, but I can assure you that you're shooting yourself in both feet by doing that. And note that we review on titanpad so all your formatting is gonna look like that when we read it.
Noted. I was taking the "provide an opposing statement and refute it" method, but that wasn't the best choice now that I think about it even deeper. Seems to be more for essays to convince someone to do something for you rather then a job application.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:42:12 AM by Elitehoser »

I got a suggestion for a new AFK mod on the server.

Basically, when a player wants to go AFK, they say /afk. They are now marked as AFK and it cannot be undone unless the player says /back or if they start moving around. When a round starts, if the player is AFK, they are killed 10 seconds after the round starts. If they start moving around; they are no longer AFK.

If a player goes AFK without saying /afk, they can be kicked for being AFK.

The whole point of the afk kicker is to kick afks so when the round starts you dont have to wait for the end of the round. If the boss did /afk then you would have to wait until the end of the round.

Noted. I was taking the "provide an opposing statement and refute it" method, but that wasn't the best choice now that I think about it even deeper. Seems to be more for essays to convince someone to do something for you rather then a job application.
Looked more like you did some "Provide an opposing statement then try and distract people from it."

Looked more like you did some "Provide an opposing statement then try and distract people from it."
True that. But its not like its incriminating. I didn't say "hey, I get angry and ban people for no reason, but I can listen really well." There'd be no point at all in trying that. All I listed were extra abilities that I lacked. None of which showed I was a bad person. I'm just not well known and don't have much knowledge in torque script is really all its saying. In my opinion none of which is bad. As long as I understand the basics and comprehend the rules of being admin I figured that lacking these extra features would be canceled out. But I'm not the best writer.

The whole point of the afk kicker is to kick afks so when the round starts you dont have to wait for the end of the round. If the boss did /afk then you would have to wait until the end of the round.
No, it would just kill the boss. Just like it kills players.

Re: Pecon7's Boss Battles! - Applications are in!

Username/BL_ID: Mr. Noobalot (37977)
People who recommend me: photokevv and SuperPrincessPeach
Why should you accept me: I always behave. I understand what I am told. I am like a robot who always obeys what other admins want me to do. (It's actually true!)
Moderation experience: No moderation experiences yet...
Admin experience(s): photokevv and SuperPrincessPeach said, "Mr. Noobalot was like a robot who always obeys commands. He will be a very well admin at other places. He also is a good behaving player. He was happy to have as an admin.

Will you read this pecon98? I did not see mine up...

Admin application-Pecon7's Boss Battles

Why should you accept me: I always behave. I understand what I am told. I am like a robot who always obeys what other admins want me to do. (It's actually true!)
Admin experience(s): photokevv and SuperPrincessPeach said, "Mr. Noobalot was like a robot who always obeys commands. He will be a very well admin at other places. He also is a good behaving player. He was happy to have as an admin.

Check this out. I didnt see this.

Admin application-Pecon7's Boss Battles

Check this out. I didnt see this. The last 2 that are the same are not spam.

What ever happened to that amazing looking map you told us about?

Will you read this pecon98? I did not see mine up...
Check this out. I didnt see this.
Check this out. I didnt see this. The last 2 that are the same are not spam.
Yes they are. Your app was reviewed in the last session, too, so you're basically triple posting for nothing. It did very poorly, in case you were wondering.

Why  should you accept me: I always behave. I understand what I am told. I  am like a robot who always obeys what other admins want me to do. (It's  actually true!)
Admin  experience(s): photokevv and SuperPrincessPeach said, "Mr. Noobalot was  like a robot who always obeys commands. He will be a very well admin at  other places. He also is a good behaving player. He was happy to have  as an admin.
<APP MISSING TIMEZONE: DO NOT ACCEPT>
TheBlackParrot: no.
Tophat: It's a robot, what I've always wanted! Not. No.
Jetz: Missing timezone. We don't need an automaton who follows instructions. We need someone who can think for themselves. No.
siba: No.
SiliconCactus: No.
Skip: no
Ike: We don't want robots in the admin position. No.
no: lugnut
Name is Unavailable: Why would you even apply without experience. no

Name: XR_7
BL_ID: 50690 (alt)
Previous administration experience: Hosts include:

DrumStix [SA]
Apak [SA]
WorstedBark3 [SA]
Chester Molester [A]
Vovka5545 [A]
Tezuni [Moderator]

Who recommends you?: DrumStix and Apak would probably be best bet, but I'm assuming the majority of my lengthy friends list (50 or so people) would recommend me. I can get more if you would like.

Why should I accept you?: First off, I have to admit I'm not the boss battles master. My admin work excels in server help (pretty good at basic eventing) and I can be very valuable with player management. I give warnings before kicking and banning unless the problem is imminent and intentional. My usual Blockland activity revolves around administration (usually around six hours per week).

Time zone: Central, USA
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:23:01 PM by XR-7 »

Bisjac [pending admin]

A-Spec [pending moderator]
Just curious, but what do you mean by pending?

Just curious, but what do you mean by pending?

I just have to show up at the server to receive them, but am already approved.

I just have to show up at the server to receive them, but am already approved.
So then they are not previous experiences? hm?

So then they are not previous experiences? hm?

I was just adding the most potent servers where I'm trusted to do a good job.