Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1629498 times)

I'm starting the plane up

Then, SUCCESS! I am the first Pilot to actually not screw it up, and I brought WhiteStorm and Loves (IkeTheGeneric) along with me.

Then, SUCCESS! I am the first Pilot to actually not screw it up, and I brought WhiteStorm and Loves (IkeTheGeneric) along with me.
-crashlands- ERP!

I overslept and didn't get to join earlier today, everything alright?

Also, some people keep using the Runner class to get in the Boss Room because in the south wall of the room and on the floor, no events to kill them are inside

I overslept and didn't get to join earlier today, everything alright?

hey pecon you should make nienhaus an admin because he's a coolbro

You know we don't keep those things fueled, right? Or at least we never refueled them after I siphoned the fuel from all of them to create an ostentatious rocket-throne.

hey pecon you should make nienhaus an admin because he's a coolbro
Just because someone is cool is not a reason to admin someone, we need people that will take care of the server, that reminds me I need to go online later, probably 8:15 PM PST.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:38:51 PM by ShadowZero »

So I'm just gonna suggest stuff because some admin on the server told me to post it here

-Doctor Oktoberfest should have some method self healing, whether it's slowly over time or by some recharging item, or hell, even the blutsauger
-Constructors should have some form of being able to replace sentries, either give the rocket sentry a long cooldown (as opposed to its current single-use method) or give him a rifle/MG sentry.
-Dark Samus' recharge function should be a jet-button based function instead of its own item
-The butterfly knife should actually do a backstab if the animation runs, because obviously they were in backstab position if the animation ran
-There may be an alternate reason behind this, but I would think it would be more fitting for an infiltrator to have decoy weapons, not runners.
-When using kaje as the boss, rocketmen are able to trap the boss in his spawn by constantly knocking him back into it and taking advantage of his slow, slippery movements. This should be fixed.

That's all I can really think of right now. I doubt every single one of these will be changed as some of them may be more or less opinionated, but I would appreciate if at least a couple are looked at.

-There may be an alternate reason behind this, but I would think it would be more fitting for an infiltrator to have decoy weapons, not runners.
Fake weapons exist to draw attention, and spies can only hide by not having the boss's attention.

So I'm just gonna suggest stuff because some admin on the server told me to post it here

-Doctor Oktoberfest should have some method self healing, whether it's slowly over time or by some recharging item, or hell, even the blutsauger
-Constructors should have some form of being able to replace sentries, either give the rocket sentry a long cooldown (as opposed to its current single-use method) or give him a rifle/MG sentry.
-Dark Samus' recharge function should be a jet-button based function instead of its own item
-The butterfly knife should actually do a backstab if the animation runs, because obviously they were in backstab position if the animation ran
-When using kaje as the boss, rocketmen are able to trap the boss in his spawn by constantly knocking him back into it and taking advantage of his slow, slippery movements. This should be fixed.

That's all I can really think of right now. I doubt every single one of these will be changed as some of them may be more or less opinionated, but I would appreciate if at least a couple are looked at.
1. No way.
2. Maybe.
3. Possible, but would require some recoding because some delays for recharging rely on weapon states
4. Also no, because this is a client-sided catchup problem.
5. This will be fixed, but it's a secret at the moment.
6. Easy to do, may or may not get to it within the next few days.

1. No way.
2. Maybe.
3. Possible, but would require some recoding because some delays for recharging rely on weapon states
4. Also no, because this is a client-sided catchup problem.
5. This will be fixed, but it's a secret at the moment.
6. Easy to do, may or may not get to it within the next few days.

I think for #6 you could make it so the rockets bounce back until the Kaje boss is fully out,no?

or, like, put a no-collision shield in the entrance so the boss doesn't take damage until he's out and fighting.

I think for #6 you could make it so the rockets bounce back until the Kaje boss is fully out,no?
or, like, put a no-collision shield in the entrance so the boss doesn't take damage until he's out and fighting.

No no, all that needs to be done is increase the mass of the mech playertype, and then increase the movement and jump forces so that it can still move. The only "side effect" is that the mech won't be knocked around by enemy weapons.

Speaking of Kaje, have you guys tried contacting him about the original mech model he made? Would make more sense to use that, IMO.

No no, all that needs to be done is increase the mass of the mech playertype, and then increase the movement and jump forces so that it can still move. The only "side effect" is that the mech won't be knocked around by enemy weapons.

Speaking of Kaje, have you guys tried contacting him about the original mech model he made? Would make more sense to use that, IMO.
In that case, I say you should also increase the effectiveness of the right gun and decrease the rocket damage by a slight amount.

I think the Kaje mech taking no knock-back from rockets (which imo is the best support class against Kaje because of the knock-back) is somewhat a strong disadvantage to the Normals, since I've noticed players rely more on Rocketmen to keep Kaje pinned or at least slow his movement and scramble his aiming.