Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1620925 times)

Cloakstabs... this server isn't good anymore.

Those have been there for, like months. They're really easy to avoid if you know to look for them.

I'm going to guess this is what happened: You were playing Penth, camping in those stair corners and someone cloaked up to you and stabbed you. Now you complain against the world again.

I'm going to guess this is what happened: You were playing Penth, camping in those stair corners and someone cloaked up to you and stabbed you. Now you complain against the world again.
Nope.

Keep ignoring issues, this server will only remain the same, boring thing.

Nope.

Keep ignoring issues, this server will only remain the same, boring thing.
I'm sure your just pissed off at the fact that you keep bypassing the chat filter by using the hash tag on yolo and swag and Admins keep muting you.

Stuff is on the chat filter for a reason, I have no clue why you keep complaining about it.

I thought I give my opinion on current game play and how I think some things should be tweaked or modified a bit so its much more enjoyable.

The Classes

Overweight - He is too slow, he needs to be a bit faster and only that slow when firing his minigun, its impossible to get away from a boss at his current speed, like before it should only be like that when firing the minigun.

Detonator - Needs to be a bit faster, sticky launcher should not need to charge up, only shoot at a medium range and allow sticky jumping.

Constructor - If the sentry is destroyed a new sentry item should appear after waiting a while(not too fast though)

Infiltrator - Backstab is still too over powered even with the various fixes that have been made , infiltrator needs his cloak and dagger back because you can't backstab instantly with that and only gentlespy should have the quick butterfly knife.

Runner - Fake weapons take up inventory space and make weapon switching a hassle.

Firebug - Flamethrower should have airblast removed as it is not that useful, lots of people have trouble using jets because the airblast wastes the power in the jet meter.

Healer - Only class that seems balanced enough no changes needed.

Rocketman - Firing animator for rocket launcher should be adjusted to how fast the rocket is actually being launched, so you actually know when your firing your rocket instead of just seeing the animation happen when you didin't fire a rocket.

The Shop

The Extra lives button should be removed along with the 2x Damage boss launch button.

Overall Build

Music room needs to be removed considering its not going to be used ever again.

Admin room/viewing area should have one way windows so that what players see is just a wall, that way players don't get distracted or start shooting rockets and projectiles over there.

More Scenery should be added to the view able window/bay area, probably a couple of more ships but in different levels of height, maybe add some brick asteroids too.

Optional - Completely re-do the color scheme of the arena to make it at least different by a bit.

And that's about it I hope Pecon and Jetz accepts some of my ideas to make it a much more enjoyable server.

Healer - Only class that seems balanced enough no changes needed.
The amount of points you can get as a healer is so small that it's not even comparable to the other classes. You should at least be rewarded for being the only person who cares about the team, because when I go online, there are never any healers, because you get loving nothing for playing as one.

The amount of points you can get as a healer is so small that it's not even comparable to the other classes. You should at least be rewarded for being the only person who cares about the team, because when I go online, there are never any healers, because you get loving nothing for playing as one.
Healers gain points for healing, and they can also be credited with most healing after the round.

Overweight - He is too slow, he needs to be a bit faster and only that slow when firing his minigun, its impossible to get away from a boss at his current speed, like before it should only be like that when firing the minigun.
I actually made some class specific datablocks a while back, and I think one of the tings I did was make him faster. I was gonna implement them along some new server side class system I've been working on but I haven't gotten to it yet.
Detonator - Needs to be a bit faster, sticky launcher should not need to charge up, only shoot at a medium range and allow sticky jumping.
Pretty sure a couple people have demonstrated sticky jumping before. I can probably tweak self damage a bit, though.
Constructor - If the sentry is destroyed a new sentry item should appear after waiting a while(not too fast though)
Yeah, again, this has been on the list a while and I just haven't gotten around to it.
Infiltrator - Backstab is still too over powered even with the various fixes that have been made , infiltrator needs his cloak and dagger back because you can't backstab instantly with that and only gentlespy should have the quick butterfly knife.
Was considering nerfing it to do around 1/3rd the boss's maximum health or something.
Runner - Fake weapons take up inventory space and make weapon switching a hassle.
Switching from what to what? They usually have only one weapon, and if they have guns akimbo, when would they want to switch back?
Firebug - Flamethrower should have airblast removed as it is not that useful, lots of people have trouble using jets because the airblast wastes the power in the jet meter.
Might remove it from Pyro and make Spyro's reflect projectiles.
Rocketman - Firing animator for rocket launcher should be adjusted to how fast the rocket is actually being launched, so you actually know when your firing your rocket instead of just seeing the animation happen when you didin't fire a rocket.
This is due to an issue with the minShotTime. It's an easy fix but neither of us have done it yet because we haven't decided whether we also want to have different fire rates for Master Chief and the Soldier.
The Extra lives button should be removed along with the 2x Damage boss launch button.
Both of these have already been done, unless someone restored them. 2x eject damage doesn't even make sense anymore due to no eject button.
Overall Build
Music room needs to be removed considering its not going to be used ever again.
Would be nice to repurpose it. I mean it's a pretty nice looking part of the ship.
Admin room/viewing area should have one way windows so that what players see is just a wall, that way players don't get distracted or start shooting rockets and projectiles over there.
I like this idea.
More Scenery should be added to the view able window/bay area, probably a couple of more ships but in different levels of height, maybe add some brick asteroids too.
We were messing with this the other day. We couldn't settle on how we wanted it done and it ended with a really confusing discussion of the backstory to Boss Battles.
Optional - Completely re-do the color scheme of the arena to make it at least different by a bit.
Well, it has been getting less grey over time. I also rainbowed the floor once in protest to how boring it all looked.
And that's about it I hope Pecon and Jetz accepts some of my ideas to make it a much more enjoyable server.
Unfortunately, I only code on a "When I feel like it" basis. Usually I only feel like it when I have a school assignment due in eight hours and I've reserved the day to work on it (I usually choose coding for the server in those cases, though).

-quotes-
Well it is good to hear that its already being worked on.
Thanks for your time Jetz.

Hey Jetz, a little bit off-topic but I know you work with modeling and animations, is it possible to apply animations from one model to a different model? And what would the requirements be for doing so? Do the nodes just need to have the same names, or do they need the same coordinates too?

Also, I protested your rainbow floor protest because that much brick fx lags my toaster.

Hey Jetz, a little bit off-topic but I know you work with modeling and animations, is it possible to apply animations from one model to a different model? And what would the requirements be for doing so? Do the nodes just need to have the same names, or do they need the same coordinates too?

Also, I protested your rainbow floor protest because that much brick fx lags my toaster.
Yea about the different color scheme I was talking about something like the gray being replaced with another common metal color, like Blue Steel or a Bronze like Brown, or a Green Ship for normals.

And yes Rainbow Fx did lag some people.

As for the music room, I think its should be used as some sort of high score room or room of records or something.

Yea about the different color scheme I was talking about something like the gray being replaced with another common metal color, like Blue Steel or a Bronze like Brown, or a Green Ship for normals.

And yes Rainbow Fx did lag some people.

As for the music room, I think its should be used as some sort of high score room or room of records or something.
Records room. Most players on the server at once, most plays as boss, most damage done in one round (boss and player), fastest point capture (boss), most rounds survived (player), most rounds won, stuff like that. That'd be pretty cool actually.

I'm not really a modeler, I just read a bunch of tutorials and did a few things in Blender. It must be somewhat possibly to apply animations from one model to another because that's how Dark Samus, but I just followed the instructions for that.