Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604654 times)

i met someone today who thought badspot should be reduced to half of his current speed

wat

right now he still has a hard time catching up with a lot of classes, being even slower would be like being epoxied he whole time. 2slow4me

i met someone today who thought badspot should be reduced to half of his current speed

wat

right now he still has a hard time catching up with a lot of classes, being even slower would be like being epoxied he whole time. 2slow4me
"he isn't enough of a sitting duck"

wat

Slug Battles , because a turtle is still too fast.

We need to do the opposite, speed up all the classes.

We need to do the opposite, speed up all the classes.
This is a good idea only when you assume that Blockland has good movement and aim prediction, and that everyone has a very good connection. Both of these assumptions are usually wrong. Blockland's movement prediction is smooth but horrible, hitting a fast target is extremely hard (Take dark samus for example, you can only hit her really with blanket fire, or when she finally stops moving).

This is a good idea only when you assume that Blockland has good movement and aim prediction, and that everyone has a very good connection. Both of these assumptions are usually wrong. Blockland's movement prediction is smooth but horrible, hitting a fast target is extremely hard (Take dark samus for example, you can only hit her really with blanket fire, or when she finally stops moving).
I was kind of joking, but I can understand how someone with a poor connection can have trouble aiming, Dark Samus is hard to use because if you run out phazon your stuck, also you have really low HP, I consider DS sort of balanced, and not on the broken end.

Edit: Ok not joking this time, I have the greatest idea, there should be a Boss Battles Multiplied by 10 Server, all stats are multiplied by 10.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:00:08 AM by ZERØ »

Edit: Ok not joking this time, I have the greatest idea, there should be a Boss Battles Multiplied by 10 Server, all stats are multiplied by 10.

The reason that doesn't work is the relativity of class strengths. If a heavy's damage is multiplied by 10 and Ephiliates' HP is multiplied by 10, the percentage of HP one minigun bullet takes from his total health remains unchanged.

The reason that doesn't work is the relativity of class strengths. If a heavy's damage is multiplied by 10 and Ephiliates' HP is multiplied by 10, the percentage of HP one minigun bullet takes from his total health remains unchanged.
Regardless I would still like to see what happens.

Also someone is requesting the Xana Sword in suggestions&requests.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=282984.0

It makes me feel bad we still privatize addons :( , and worse is the fact that privatizing only hurts the BL community, as even Badspot himself said that.

I've said it a few times in the past, but it's been a while so clearly I need to say it again. If I ever stop hosting Boss Battles I'm going to release all the content I've personally made. However, the Xana sword was not created by me. The model was created by Aware and the animations were done by Carbon Zypher. If they both were to agree to release it, then that would be their own decision; however, up until now they've decided to only entrust it with Boss Battles as a mechanic to continue to make the server unique. My general philosophy is that as long as we're actually hosting, releasing the content will only be detrimental since it'll split the playerbase up with any other people who decide to host all the exact same content. As with many games, the best play experience frequently requires a suitable amount of other people to play with. If the the playerbase split up into a bunch of different servers, the most likely thing to happen is the genre dieing as a whole due to lack of actual participants in any particular server.

RamboCreativity strikes again...

what

Basically, lack of screenshots. I can't quite put my finger on the name either. I feel like I know it. Whatever, currently in the server so I'll deal with it soon enough after I go through chatlogs.

I noticed that All other bosses have 2+ Weapons while Ephi is the only one that has One.
I Suggest the Ephi boss should be buffed in a "Small" Way, Stay with me on this one please...
Everything Stat/HP wise about him is fine, but What Im saying is buffing the boss... by Making him small like Tinkmaster.
I know what some of you might think, "But how is that a Buff?" Well, I'll tell you:
If Ephi Is smaller that means Projectiles would be less likely to hit.
And an Extra reason would be since we already have 2 and a Half Large bosses (Penth,Kaje and Rotondo respectively) why not a Small boss?

I noticed that All other bosses have 2+ Weapons while Ephi is the only one that has One.
I Suggest the Ephi boss should be buffed in a "Small" Way, Stay with me on this one please...
Everything Stat/HP wise about him is fine, but What Im saying is buffing the boss... by Making him small like Tinkmaster.
I know what some of you might think, "But how is that a Buff?" Well, I'll tell you:
If Ephi Is smaller that means Projectiles would be less likely to hit.
And an Extra reason would be since we already have 2 and a Half Large bosses (Penth,Kaje and Rotondo respectively) why not a Small boss?
youd have to remember that blockland doesnt really work well with smaller player sizes, youd have to fear that the boss would glitch through the floor and unintentionally stall the round if not on purpose