Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604111 times)

It wasn't nerfed /because/ of the shield attack. DS needed a nerf because you cannot chase her by any means, you cannot hit her while moving, and it's rare you'll even get a hit in if she's recharging. It does allow players to flank the boss, possible to take her by surprise and get some decent damage in. Of course, the mindset of almost every firebug is jump-jet and simply charge head on, so it won't be seen that often I'd wager. A slight increase in speed would mean nothing other than avoiding other bosses. DS moves at five times the speed of the infiltrator, or just about I believe. Could be wrong.

Look all I'm saying is a little speed added to the normals would not hurt anybody, add firebug to the list of people not to add speed to if you ever decide to do it.

Trinko has noticed that the afk killer keeps the same afk boss, resulting in an endless loop of no gameplay

Look all I'm saying is a little speed added to the normals would not hurt anybody, add firebug to the list of people not to add speed to if you ever decide to do it.
Yes please.

It wasn't nerfed /because/ of the shield attack. DS needed a nerf because you cannot chase her by any means, you cannot hit her while moving, and it's rare you'll even get a hit in if she's recharging. It does allow players to flank the boss, possible to take her by surprise and get some decent damage in. Of course, the mindset of almost every firebug is jump-jet and simply charge head on, so it won't be seen that often I'd wager. A slight increase in speed would mean nothing other than avoiding other bosses. DS moves at five times the speed of the infiltrator, or just about I believe. Could be wrong.

But I don't see how adding a nerf to DS in the respect of recharging would allow the Normals to be able to catch up at all. It just seems like a useless little quirk to the boss, imo. I would think that adding a speed bonus (slightly) would be better overall, although it could generate problems with other slower bosses. But making it so that the recharge particles can be taken by the Normal's doesn't really do /anything/ to the boss. On the off chance that Dark Samus is really up close and personal, yeah you could grab some. But to be able to grab a half is just really unlikely. Maybe I'm not grasping the idea correctly, but it seems utterly useless to me.

But I don't see how adding a nerf to DS in the respect of recharging would allow the Normals to be able to catch up at all. It just seems like a useless little quirk to the boss, imo. I would think that adding a speed bonus (slightly) would be better overall, although it could generate problems with other slower bosses. But making it so that the recharge particles can be taken by the Normal's doesn't really do /anything/ to the boss. On the off chance that Dark Samus is really up close and personal, yeah you could grab some. But to be able to grab a half is just really unlikely. Maybe I'm not grasping the idea correctly, but it seems utterly useless to me.
The actual reason I added it is so that Scientists can sorta disable Dark Samus with the deflector in very close combat situations. The energy stealing thing is really just a quirk I thought would be fun to have while I was making it.

The actual reason I added it is so that Scientists can sorta disable Dark Samus with the deflector in very close combat situations. The energy stealing thing is really just a quirk I thought would be fun to have while I was making it.
I thought scientist was a support class not an assault class.

It's supposed to be a defensive technique. The Scientist is, after all, supposed to be the ultimate defensive class. It's not like you're going to be finding Scientists hunting down Dark Samus when it moves like 5x faster than them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:22:34 PM by Pecon »

It's supposed to be a defensive technique. The Scientist is, after all, supposed to be the ultimate defensive class. It's not like you're going to be finding Scientists hunting down Dark Samus when it moves like 5x faster than them.
Id like to see scientists play a bigger role in teams, and now they can because they can sorta disable DS, plant epoxy, and put up shields (although easily can be taken down).

Scientists wouldnt be able to directly damage DS because they would be busy using the deflector on him. Instead, other teammates would do the damage dealing

Slightly more major update regarding William: http://bossbattles.pecon.us/forum/?topic=58&page=1#528
Oh, Carbon Zypher and I went on a total rampage and redid William's sword almost entirely after I posted this. If you already read the post above you should re-read it.

Wait, what do you mean by melee is super easy now?

Wait, what do you mean by melee is super easy now?
I mean

I made melee WAY TOO EASY

I mean

I made melee WAY TOO EASY
I need to see footage of this, I'm not certain when I'll be on

Seems like a good change and not a bad one.