Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604500 times)

-It can kill multiple people in a single swing
And a real sword can't?

Are you upset that we changed the way that melee works in blockland? Are you opposed to new ideas? I suppose the reason why you are upset is that melee in blockland is terrible and now that it is on par with high tier ranged weapons, you feel uncomfortable? Is melee supposed to be bad?

You know what else can hit multiple people? Rockets, and they are ranged. Stop challenging new ideas.

I was going to be against the change just from what I've seen, simply because of the damage but it got a nerf so I'll probably try it out sometime. Overall I think it improves the boss and medics can finally be used against William. 250 damage was insane and like fighting a flying Badspot boss. So I'm happy for the change.

I was going to be against the change just from what I've seen, simply because of the damage but it got a nerf so I'll probably try it out sometime. Overall I think it improves the boss and medics can finally be used against William. 250 damage was insane and like fighting a flying Badspot boss. So I'm happy for the change.
William is fine right now, tried him out and it seemed like a completely new William compared to the old one.

Also the Dark Samus nerf isn't really a nerf at all, its more of a useless gimmick, but instead of healing enemies should actually damage them.

Also the Dark Samus nerf isn't really a nerf at all, its more of a useless gimmick, but instead of healing enemies should actually damage them.
Okay are you and everyone else trying to make this point seriously not seeing the actual reason for that update? Yes, energy stealing is a useless gimmick I decided to add ALONG SIDE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING that was the actual nerf. The idea is that Scientists can disrupt Dark Samus's recharge if they are in deflector range by pushing away their recharge particles. This makes the Scientist more effective against Dark Samus, especially when DS is drawn in close due to a pack of players working from within the Scientist's shield.

William is fine right now, tried him out and it seemed like a completely new William compared to the old one.

I addressed everything on the subforum, but I don't recall DS healing enemies. It just doesn't do anything for the most part, other than slightly reduce the amount of energy she gets. Slight as in, 5% off the total bar.

The idea is that Scientists can disrupt Dark Samus's recharge if they are in deflector range. This makes the Scientist more effective against Dark Samus, especially when DS is drawn in close due to a pack of players working from within the Scientist's shield.

I tested earlier with a couple people, deflector has no effect from what I can tell. Perhaps I misused it, but getting into deflector range then being able to shoot the energy balls into friendly players before the vanish seems near impossible from my experience.

And a real sword can't?

Are you upset that we changed the way that melee works in blockland? Are you opposed to new ideas? I suppose the reason why you are upset is that melee in blockland is terrible and now that it is on par with high tier ranged weapons, you feel uncomfortable? Is melee supposed to be bad?

You know what else can hit multiple people? Rockets, and they are ranged. Stop challenging new ideas.
I never said I disliked it, I was bolding important things that were good

I like the idea of the sword hitting multiple people because it makes sense, and matches the sword animation. The way the player swings the sword is almost from his side to the other side, so it makes sense that the hitbox is almost like a triangle. That said, its gonna be really easy to get unseen kills, like stated in the previous posts. Unless you're running a high fov, you'll get kills you never saw on the screen lol

And a real sword can't?

Well, you see, a real sword couldn't really kill multiple people at once, or rather, with a single swing. See, when the blade would hit the first target, it would burrow itself inside the enemy, likely not cleaving through completely. This would be even more likely, if it was in the gut area, or anywhere near the chest, as the blade would have to pass through more, er, "mass". However, lets say you cut through a thinner part of the body, say the neck. And you put enough force behind that swing so that it can completely cut through the victim. The blade would continue to go on, but the amount of force that was exerted onto the first subject would severely decrease the speed as to which the sword would be traveling, and thus would drastically decrease the chances of the sword being able to deliver a killing blow on the second target. And this is not factoring in the likelihood of two people being next to one another for such a swing to be feasible. It's still possible, but not as likely as you would think.

Well, you see, a real sword couldn't really kill multiple people at once, or rather, with a single swing. See, when the blade would hit the first target, it would burrow itself inside the enemy, likely not cleaving through completely. This would be even more likely, if it was in the gut area, or anywhere near the chest, as the blade would have to pass through more, er, "mass". However, lets say you cut through a thinner part of the body, say the neck. And you put enough force behind that swing so that it can completely cut through the victim. The blade would continue to go on, but the amount of force that was exerted onto the first subject would severely decrease the speed as to which the sword would be traveling, and thus would drastically decrease the chances of the sword being able to deliver a killing blow on the second target. And this is not factoring in the likelihood of two people being next to one another for such a swing to be feasible. It's still possible, but not as likely as you would think.
You of all people would know this, having beheaded many of your subjects.
(I can confirm this is true, I've been taking fencing for a while)

You of all people would know this, having beheaded many of your subjects.
(I can confirm this is true, I've been taking fencing for a while)

I don't believe I understand what you're talking about.

(QUICK BURN THE EVIDENCE AND THE BODIES)

This is a repost. The site glitched and I have to repost this. :(
In pretty much every other game, this is also broken. I would just say that William has superhuman strength and is able to slice through many different people(even if he doesn't look super bulky, like Rotondo) in a single swing. We could also say that the sword is magic, and considering it makes the bodies all light blue and unrecognizable, it probably is, but anyways, and is able to slice through many people as if a ghost might pass through objects, and can damage/kill the victim(s). In other games as well, you sword may pass completely through the enemy's body, with the blade sticking out the other end, and the enemy only takes damage, and isn't cut in half. Also take into consideration that when two basic planes crash into each other, they spas out and do all sorts of flips and turns in this game.
To put this in a sentence, this game's logic and physics is already completely broken and pretty much has always been, as far as I know and have experienced.

This is a repost. The site glitched and I have to repost this. :(
In pretty much every other game, this is also broken. I would just say that William has superhuman strength and is able to slice through many different people(even if he doesn't look super bulky, like Rotondo) in a single swing. We could also say that the sword is magic, and considering it makes the bodies all light blue and unrecognizable, it probably is, but anyways, and is able to slice through many people as if a ghost might pass through objects, and can damage/kill the victim(s). In other games as well, you sword may pass completely through the enemy's body, with the blade sticking out the other end, and the enemy only takes damage, and isn't cut in half. Also take into consideration that when two basic planes crash into each other, they spas out and do all sorts of flips and turns in this game.
To put this in a sentence, this game's logic and physics is already completely broken and pretty much has always been, as far as I know and have experienced.
Well, you see, a real sword

I wasn't questioning the game logic (or lack thereof), just that he said that being able to kill multiple people with one swing with a real sword is possible, when its actually basically impossible. The amount of Newtons (heh) of force required would need to be huge to be able to actually get through a person completely. The only way that a sword swing could kill multiple people would be on a horse, or something that could increase the velocity of the user of the sword, and thus increase the velocity of the sword. And with that, you could /technically/ kill multiple people with a single swing, but it's still extremely unlikely, and a swing is kinda different when on a horse since the altitude is different and the positioning and what not.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:57:56 PM by Dinovincent »