Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 739605 times)

Oh, and also, you can't catch or escape them. Prevents using discarding Pokemon as a training method (even if it's on some long timer) and simply running from them if they appear.

Steelix @Leftovers
Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
Why Explosion? I never saw the use of those self-destructing moves.
My Steelix has Earthquake, Stone Edge, Heavy Slam, and Curse. If an opponent has nothing super effective against me I can just use curse once or twice and slap their stuff while making myself more resilient.

Blastoise @???
Torrent
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Protect
Don't use protect, all it does is sta-
>Toxic
Oh that's brilliant.

Rotom is pretty good, but I just don't like Thunder Wave very much. I don't know why, it just seems pointless to me. If you can use it effectively, more power to ya.
Paralysis is a really useful status effect to inflict on the opponent. By drastically cutting their speed and possibly making them skip a turn it can throw a tremendous spanner in the works to the opponent's strategy.

Oh, and also, you can't catch or escape them. Prevents using discarding Pokemon as a training method (even if it's on some long timer) and simply running from them if they appear.
You realize that "release" does not mean "evict", right? When you are releasing them you are just returning them to the wild and allowing them to be free. There would be no reason to make released pokemon super-enraged berserkers.

Oh, okay. I didn't know Paralysis slowed enemies as well. I feel stupider in this thread by the second.

Oh, okay. I didn't know Paralysis slowed enemies as well. I feel stupider in this thread by the second.
It slows by a lot. Like, magnezone going before ninjask. That much.

It slows by a lot. Like, magnezone going before ninjask. That much.

Holy hell.

Speed drops to 25%

:O

In other news

Clefairy finally learned Meteor Mash :D

Now to evolve to Clefable

Okay, saw Paralysis effect first-hand

my lvl 42 Snorlax was fighting a lvl 42 Fearow on Victory Road

I Body Slammed it, then went for Psychic
Fearow was slowed so much that Snorlax actually moved first :O
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:29:28 AM by Vegetarian Zombie »

You realize that "release" does not mean "evict", right? When you are releasing them you are just returning them to the wild and allowing them to be free. There would be no reason to make released pokemon super-enraged berserkers.

The posts I was referring to mentioned a Paul and getting rid of Pokemon instead of simply saying releasing. Now, I obviously can't have perfect memory of all NPCs from such far back games, so I went on their word that it wasn't simply releasing, factoring how they the persons spoke as if it actually wasn't simple releasing. But thanks for attributing what I said to me being ignorant, Altered and dkamm65 did the same thing to me today.

Translate that into Galactic Basic and try again.

by the way is my team bad or super bad

This topic is now 50% about Super Effective, because they're so true.

Anyone have a Registeel they'd like to trade?

Anyone need a Thundorus or that other one? I have both, I'll loan you one.

I like my team of dragons/dragon-like pokemon.

Garchomp
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Salemence
Aggron
Yanmega

I also like using the regis. I haven't gotten around getting a copy of white or Black, but I guess SS will do.

I like my team of dragons/dragon-like pokemon.

Garchomp
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Salemence
Aggron
Yanmega

I also like using the regis. I haven't gotten around getting a copy of white or Black, but I guess SS will do.
go ice beam