Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729207 times)

Genetically engineering your own Pokemon confirmed.

Genetically engineering your own Pokemon confirmed.
I'm guessing it has something to do with DNA/ genetics. Like Kyurem in Black/ White 2.

so if x is female and y is male is the third edition gonna be transgendered??
i can see it now
"Are you a BOY or a GIRL?"
"I DONT ABIDE BY YOUR CIS AGENDA PROF. OAK"

But if it's the 3D console why isn't it X, Y and Z? D:
A missed opportunity I say!

A missed opportunity I say!

when have they ever announced the third game at the same time as the first two?

so if x is female and y is male is the third edition gonna be transgendered??
i can see it now
"Are you a BOY or a GIRL?"
"I DONT ABIDE BY YOUR CIS AGENDA PROF. OAK"
i dont know how to say this is funny without resorting to the extremely overused "my sides" thing

when have they ever announced the third game at the same time as the first two?
Things can change!

is it safe to assume you get the reindeer thing in X since it has antlers and 2 legs, and you get the dark birdy thing in Y since it has 2 wings and a tail?

or is it the other way around like white/black game covers sjghkdjfhgd

Euargh, I don't really like any of these new ones for X and Y. Fennekin is alright, but the grass starter looks like a grass oshawott.

uhh

...duh?

That's literally the first thing I thought of when I heard the new titles

Euargh, I don't really like any of these new ones for X and Y. Fennekin is alright, but the grass starter looks like a grass oshawott.
Fennekin looks the best imo.

Also super excited for this, most excited I've been for a Pokemon game in a long time.

I'm hoping the fossil Pokemon won't be Rock-types. Seriously is that the only type that existed millions of years ago?
Uhh, the fossil pokemon all have the Rock type because they are un-fossilised pokemon.
Think about it.
Imagine the pokemon prehistoric world.
Aerodactyl is a flying type, Lileep is a grass type, Shieldon is a steel type, etc...
Then they die out and only their fossils remain. Pokemon pieces trapped in the rock for millenia.
You come along and restore them from the fossils. Not entirely though. They retain part of that fossillised rock type.
Hence them being "Fossil Pokemon" rather than "Ancient Pokemon", and all having part-Rock type instead of just their own type.

Having found out about X and Y through weird links to random obscure Pokemon websites while looking for old toys, I must say, I am pretty excited about it.

I'm very happy to see them taking a bold jump into what is a considerably different medium for the game.
I hope they get the perfect blend of classic gameplay mechanics and new innovative 3D design.
And I'm very glad to see that they are releasing a Pokemon game entirely for the 3DS.
People will likely bitch and moan like nothing else that they can no longer play the latest Pokemon game on their 8 year old DS, but I'm glad that Nintendo is pushing forward and forcing people to update.
And I said before in previous topics, putting a new generation game exclusively on the 3DS will increase 3DS sales. It has a massive following of people who will purchase the console just to play the new games. They'll likely cry and scream over it, but they'll do it, just like they'll cry and scream over new Pokemon, despite still buying each generation and playing and enjoying them.

And, judging from the Titles and the DNA Double-Helix suggested in the BoxArt Titles, I do hope that there is a theme of genetics. It would be pretty cool. I'd love to see some more Pokemon with changable forms, related to say, Gene-Splicing, in the same way that you change Rotom's form, or Kyurem's.
And, if there is new things to do with genetics, then maybe we can have some new eeveelutions? Bug, or Poison, or Rock or Flying perhaps, hmm?

And just for the sake of saying, I would go with the Fire type. I normally do anyway (since I like to play a manly game :P), but also because it looks the best to me. Although at the moment Fennekin just looks like a fox, or a dog or similar canine (and this is no indication of what theme they will be, since torchic was a chick, chimchar a monkey, and tepig a pig, yet all turned into some sort of martial-arts themed fighting types), hopefully we will stray away from the fighting type combination.
Perhaps a Psychic sub-type or something?

Judging from Chespin's look, such as the claws and brown body, maybe we'll have a grass/ground type combo?
And I would imagine it to be an obvious guess that Froakie will be Water/Ice. The name suggest it. "Frost" mixed with "Croak", or possibly "Frog" and "Croak", which might mean something entirely different.

I can only say that I really hope they do a 3rd Generation re-make though. There's no need to re-make the 4th Gen games, since they're at a high enough quality.
But the 3rd Gen games are old enough and low enough in comparative quality that they could be re-done nicely.
I just wonder how it will work now.
There's a reasonably small gap in time between 5th and 6th Gens, so I don't know where a 3rdGen remake will come in. If you re-make it for the 5th Gen, it won't be compatible for your new game (What's the point then?).
If you re-make it for the 6th Gen, are you going to re-make it in 3D?
I might be hypocritical here, but I don't want to see Ruby/Sapphire in 3D. I would like it re-made in the same style it was originally created, as it currently is in the 5th Gen.
I'd probably buy it either way, but if I could have my cake and eat it, then I'd prefer for any re-makes (if even done) to be kept in 2D, if they're from the 2D generations. (Which would also make the 6th Gen weird, because why would you go "3D game 1+2, 3D game 3, 2D game remake"?)

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a gen 3 remake, but at least we might have a usable frog looking thing, I tried using seismitoad in white but its stats were way too low and it always fainted.  Also I really hope the water stater is part ice for 2 STABS.

Anyone else going to buy these games SO HARD?
And I disagree with Dooble about remakes. 3D R/S would be super great.