Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 718654 times)

that's one of the things i did not particularly like about bw2.

lucario is such an op pokemon, and every 12 year old wants it, so they give you a riolu early game and everyone just about stuff their pants.

i saw my friend using it and i wrecked his stuff with my darmanitan.
i'll probably get rid of my lucario for something better
problem is he's just so useful

I am the only one who doesn't care at all for Lucario?

I am the only one who doesn't care at all for Lucario?

I don't like him because he's furry material!

Starmie is where it's at baby

that's one of the things i did not particularly like about bw2.

lucario is such an op pokemon, and every 12 year old wants it, so they give you a riolu early game and everyone just about stuff their pants.

i saw my friend using it and i wrecked his stuff with my darmanitan.
holy stuff i remember catching a smeagle was like a lunar eclipse in saphirre
I don't like him because he's furry material!
*cough* rule 34

i wasted 35 pokeballs trying to catch terrakion. it took several tries too and i never thought to go back to the pokemon center to get the better pokeballs
so much time wasted for something i'll never use :c

i wasted 35 pokeballs trying to catch terrakion. it took several tries too and i never thought to go back to the pokemon center to get the better pokeballs
so much time wasted for something i'll never use :c
I've not used any of the Musketeer Poke's, despite using an annoying amount of Ultra-Balls on them.
I only really wanted them so I could have the full collection, since I got Keldeo at an event back in September.

I only really wanted them so I could have the full collection, since I got Keldeo at an event back in September.
sir dooble confirmed for Lawrence III
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:10:43 PM by Cybersix »

sir dooble confirmed for Lawrence III

so I heard you like to steal images without asking

own both pokemon x and pokemon y to be a man
HA
YOU GET MY JOKE?!?!
hnnn i need to get back into date of things

nintendo has confirmed that the first forms of the starters will be pure fire, water, and grass

not too surprising though considering that's the way it's always been, with the exception of bulbasaur

otherwise it's been rather quiet, also unsurprising since there are still approximately 9 months until the games are released

Dumb bulbasaur screwing everything up.

nintendo has confirmed that the first forms of the starters will be pure fire, water, and grass

not too surprising though considering that's the way it's always been, with the exception of bulbasaur

otherwise it's been rather quiet, also unsurprising since there are still approximately 9 months until the games are released
I really hope that we get some new type combinations with the starters with later evolutions. Fire + Psychic would be pretty cool imo

I really hope that we get some new type combinations with the starters with later evolutions. Fire + Psychic would be pretty cool imo
Entirely speculatory, but I've heard suggestions/rumours of Froakie becoming Water/Fighting and Fennekin evolving into Fire/Psychic.
Just on that idea, would it not mean that both of these two would be capable of super effective (2x) attacks on each other?
I know there have been previous starters where the evolved form has had a second type that is weak to what said starter is truly effective against (Empoleon's Steel type is weak to fire type moves from the likes of Infernape), but that actually just meant that Fire type attacks did 1x damage on Empoleon, rather than 1/2 if it were a pure water-type starter.
Having two starters that effectively became direct equals would be interesting...

And I've also heard rumours that Chespin could be a Grass/Ground type combo when evolved.
In which case it would also have a super-effective move-set against Fennekin's Fire type.

If any of this is even possibly true, I wonder how I'd feel about the game, when all of the starters are equal in type-effectiveness against each other.
Could make for some interesting battles (where you know you aren't going to just have your starter destroyed by your opponents).
Although, Chespin wouldn't have a super-weakness to Froakie, (Would recieve 1x damage from water, due to resistance by grass type, but weakness from Ground type) so it would technically be the best Starter, capable of dealing additional damage on both of the other 2 starters and recieving extra damage from only one. (This is the main point that makes me think it might not be a considered idea.)

Chespin <-- 2 x Fire2 x Ground --> Fennekin <-- 2 x Water2 x Psychic --> Froakie <-- 2 x Grass Chespin

And I've also heard rumours that Chespin could be a Grass/Ground type combo when evolved.
In which case it would also have a super-effective move-set against Fennekin's Fire type.

If any of this is even possibly true, I wonder how I'd feel about the game, when all of the starters are equal in type-effectiveness against each other.
Could make for some interesting battles (where you know you aren't going to just have your starter destroyed by your opponents).
Although, Chespin wouldn't have a super-weakness to Froakie, (Would recieve 1x damage from water, due to resistance by grass type, but weakness from Ground type) so it would technically be the best Starter, capable of dealing additional damage on both of the other 2 starters and recieving extra damage from only one. (This is the main point that makes me think it might not be a considered idea.)

Chespin <-- 2 x Fire2 x Ground --> Fennekin <-- 2 x Water2 x Psychic --> Froakie <-- 2 x Grass Chespin
Torterra was the best starter in Sinnoh because of this.