Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 730164 times)

I found a screenshot feature on this 3DS, but you can't screenshot Pokemon Omega Ruby without special stuff, huh?

For online? It seems alright, I think you have a few too many attackers to be honest but it seems like an alright team.
I put in as many dual types that were good as I could, if anything it was unintentional that they were all attackers. Any recommendations on what items I should give to them?

according to a tumblr post there's a game breaking method to get stuck forever

don't use escape rope while you're in uh
wherever kyogre is fought

This is incorrect, though I guess the 200,000+ people who liked/reblogged the post either didn't experience it and assumed it was true or didn't have the attention span to look around for more than like 2 minutes. I'm sure they meant well, but spreading misinformation like wildfire is...ech.

I know this from experience because I was attempting to catch Groudon with Luxury Balls my first time around, and ended up blacking out. I decided to just take the penalty instead of reset (5,000 dollars and some wasted items, no big deal), stock up on more balls than I had before, shuffle some Pokemon around, and go back for another go. It's true that Groudon/Kyogre won't return to the place where they carried you to the core if you've already done it and leave by some means, and it's not possible to cross the lava/water again, but an alternate path becomes open at the beginning of the Cave of Origin that winds around back to the core. It's originally blocked by unbreakable rocks, but as soon as you ride Groudon/Kyogre to the core they disappear.

I put in as many dual types that were good as I could, if anything it was unintentional that they were all attackers. Any recommendations on what items I should give to them?

Beedrill should be your mega which I assume was the plan from the start so it'd hold it's Mega Stone. Flygon can run a Choice Band/Scarf pretty well. Elektross I just had to look up to get ideas because to be honest I've never had one nor had any real ideas from the stats, but it's suggested to use an Assault Vest and make it an all out attacker due to it's attack and sp attack being high and having good coverage. Infernape I'd say Life Orb since it's a pretty common item to run with since it works well. Wigglytuff I'd say Leftovers since it seems to be your only real defensive Pokemon and can use the recovery. Shedinja I'd say a Focus Sash so it can take a hit before going down.

This is incorrect, though I guess the 200,000+ people who liked/reblogged the post either didn't experience it and assumed it was true or didn't have the attention span to look around for more than like 2 minutes. I'm sure they meant well, but spreading misinformation like wildfire is...ech.

I know this from experience because I was attempting to catch Groudon with Luxury Balls my first time around, and ended up blacking out. I decided to just take the penalty instead of reset (5,000 dollars and some wasted items, no big deal), stock up on more balls than I had before, shuffle some Pokemon around, and go back for another go. It's true that Groudon/Kyogre won't return to the place where they carried you to the core if you've already done it and leave by some means, and it's not possible to cross the lava/water again, but an alternate path becomes open at the beginning of the Cave of Origin that winds around back to the core. It's originally blocked by unbreakable rocks, but as soon as you ride Groudon/Kyogre to the core they disappear.

oh
nvm then

Beedrill should be your mega which I assume was the plan from the start so it'd hold it's Mega Stone. Flygon can run a Choice Band/Scarf pretty well. Elektross I just had to look up to get ideas because to be honest I've never had one nor had any real ideas from the stats, but it's suggested to use an Assault Vest and make it an all out attacker due to it's attack and sp attack being high and having good coverage. Infernape I'd say Life Orb since it's a pretty common item to run with since it works well. Wigglytuff I'd say Leftovers since it seems to be your only real defensive Pokemon and can use the recovery. Shedinja I'd say a Focus Sash so it can take a hit before going down.
awesome, i decided to switch beedrill with sableye because of its mega ability. thanks for the advice.

turns out someone had a shedinja with sturdy, legit or not i do not know. it was on xy so i assume it was but theres still a possibility of it not being legit.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:24:13 AM by Niff »

Found this old video of GameGrumps playing Pokemon Emerald. Thought it an appropriate time to post it, considering the recent launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xc3HxLlkqE

(Found it through finding this animation based off it buried in my favorites list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTiY05l_w7s)

turns out someone had a shedinja with sturdy, legit or not i do not know. it was on xy so i assume it was but theres still a possibility of it not being legit.

Shedinja's only ability is Wonder Guard unless it gets switched lol, it wasn't legit.

Sableye is also fantastic due to it's ability and defense as well as okay attack, Knock Off is also sure to hit a stuff ton because like 99% of Pokemon online are holding something.

Shedinja's only ability is Wonder Guard unless it gets switched lol, it wasn't legit.

Sableye is also fantastic due to it's ability and defense as well as okay attack, Knock Off is also sure to hit a stuff ton because like 99% of Pokemon online are holding something.
lol yeah, knock off will be pretty hard hitting.

Also according to bulbapedia, shedinja only has wonder gaurd as an ability, conframd faek

These days it's pretty much impossible.

Create a pokeball rifle then  :cookieMonster:

i got wiped out for the first time in alpha sapphire facing the elite four the second time
kinda proud of that

Create a pokeball rifle then  :cookieMonster:

Jesus christ, that post is almost 3 years old

It's funny though, because since then I've actually completed the National Dex

Someone give me their thoughts on this team:

Mega Altaria (Special Attacker)
Durant (Phys Attacker)
Vileplume (Defence/Aromatherapy)
Mienshao (Phys Attacker)
Jellicent (Sp Defence)
Vivillon

This is for online, I'm also aware that there may be better choices for some things, just the way I like to play. As far as coverage goes/ideas let me hear them.

I got Alpha Sapphire recently, i'm currently at Wattson's gym, but from what i've played so far is really amazing and i especially love how the new theme for Slateport City starts out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7DsYkZz7Jk

Slateport City is probably my favorite theme from Gen 3

Anyway, why is Mauville City so different? It feels and looks like a mall