Author Topic: Wurm Online | [01:25:01] You mine some rock shards.  (Read 56122 times)

Official Site
Wiki
- some parts are outdated, still extremely useful.

Welcome to Wurm, the game of limitless opportunity and freedom, where the actions of every player can make a lasting difference. We offer no character classes, quests or a pre-built environment. Instead, we offer players the opportunity to choose their own direction and to train any or all of the skills they desire while in a living, breathing and evolving world entirely built and maintained by the players that inhabit it. Become a part of our active and involved community, and play the game you want to play in the way you want to play it. This is Wurm. Be prepared to leave your mark. Try it now for free!

What can I do in Wurm?

-Explore huge, diverse landmasses
-Make your home on either the PvP or PvE servers
-Craft and use thousands of unique items
-Wage war on other kingdoms, and lead yours to victory
-Hunt creatures such as the unique red dragon, forest giant, kyklops, troll king and others!
-Modify the terrain; dig, raise, flatten and sculpt the land around you!
-Capture and breed animals from the environment
-Train 114 Skills, 10 Player Characteristics, and 3 Religion Characteristics
-Follow one of four unique deities and religions.
-Become a priest or champion of your religion and learn powerful spells and enchantments.
-Choose one of five meditation paths and take advantage of special meditation abilities
-Earn as many of our 200+ skill and achievement titles as you have time for!
-Mount various creatures, from horses and carts to unicorns, bears and even dragons!
-Construct, crew or even captain seven different ship types, from small rowing boats to impressive caravels, with other players
-Build a variety of structures, from guard towers to stone houses to fences and statues.
-Found your own settlement wherever you desire; own land, build a farm, a castle, or perhaps an entire village!
-Pave roads and plant signs to improve local infrastructure and by connecting settlements
-Live off the land by creating fields to farm a variety of crops including potatoes, garlic, cotton, wheat, pumpkins and more!
-Cook food using a huge range of ingredients

...and much more!

tl;dr: Survival style game. 3D Haven and Hearth, if you've played that. Go out in the wilderness, build a shack, make tools, farm, etc. Get some buddies together and form a village. Or join an already established village.

Videos and other Cool Stuff

-Terraforming Timelapse
-Two people building a house
-Construction of a large building
-Wurm Online, voted 56th best game of all time by PC Gamer earlier this year! Just scroll down a bit.

Common Complaints

I built this cool house, but it decayed really quickly. - On the old Golden Valley free server, decay was sped up. On the server we're on now it's much slower, plus once we get a deed to our land it'll slow down even more.
The "animations" are bad. - Yes, they are. New ones are in development, rumored to be released this month -  but who knows.
Everything takes a reealllyy long time. - If you're by yourself, yes, but once you get a little group of people things are much quicker. And once you're skills start climbing up and you get better tools, it's even faster.

Ok, I want to play.

Great! Sign up for an account on the official site and then click the "play now" button to start downloading the client. While it's downloading, consider browsing the wiki a little - it's going to be your best friend. The tutorial can be a bit tedious, but it's a good introduction to the game. You'll run into a few of Wurm's biggest problems; for example, lack of real animations. But fear not! Animations are in development, and rumored for a release this month (we'll see, eheh).

When you're at the end of the tutorial, you'll get a message about receiving your survival gear and you'll be able to go through a portal (going through a portal = choosing a server). If you choose the wrong server, you'll never be able to play with anyone from BL and will probably get bored of playing alone and quit. When you get to the portal area, look for something called "Epic Portal". Walk up to it, right click, and select "Use". Choose the Mol-Rehan Home server, Desertion. If you don't choose Desertion you won't be able to play with us.

Once you're on Desertion, contact me for directions to our village. Easiest way would be Steam or a PM here. A link to my steam profile is in my profile here.

Our Village

Current Villagers
Freduqus (Alt: Fredujus)
Battlebrain
Aetcho
Feyer
Nasa
Cancel

Currently we have a mine with iron, another with lead, and a cliff that has silver somewhere inside it. That's pretty damn good. We're located next to a large body of water connected to the ocean, so we have ample opportunity to go sailing if we ever build some nice boats. All vital resources are fairly close to us.

I used a program a player made called WPlanner to make this plan for the village, then touched it up in paint :3
We might make a few changes, but this is the general idea. The center building is the.. village center, bottom 2x3 building is a storage building, the long building on the left is beds and personal storage, building on the right is a workshop.

We've finished the 2x3 storage building plus a 1x1 building for a gatehouse. We're making fast progress.

map to us:

I'll update this section more later, I'll get pics and maps etc.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:28:06 AM by Fredulus »

looks awesome

hope it's not brain-explodingly complicated

Can't run it.

Fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:04:21 AM by LeetZero »

I'll join
not now, though.
Name = Ayxrion

Too complicated back when I tried it.

Oh god, the times I spent having orks chase me into unguarded pubbie shacks in the wilderness lol

Does anyone seem to find this like an Age of Time v2?

just tell me when you guys finish the tut and i'll hook you up :) we have plentiful supplies

just tell me when you guys finish the tut and i'll hook you up :) we have plentiful supplies

Resource downloading is a huge loving pain in the ass.

shouldnt take too long. and basically its just DLing the game

I am in Mol thing. What now?

well im gonna be going to bed soon but if you want me to lead you to our village first i will
add me on steam if you have it, if not just.. wait there a few minutes

edit: oh and whats your name
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:37:46 AM by Fredulus »

well im gonna be going to bed soon but if you want me to lead you to our village first i will
add me on steam if you have it, if not just.. wait there a few minutes

edit: oh and whats your name

Add me on Steam my ass. What's your damn name, how am I supposed to add you? forget logic.

Also, LeetZero. I've just exited Wurm tho.

i think i said someone in the OP that my steam is in my profile, idk.
aanyways want me to lead you here tonight or tomorrow