Author Topic: YorkTown95's CityRPG Server v2. (Will consider re-opening this)  (Read 79077 times)

Congratulations to the people who's admin applications were accepted. Not everyone can win :P
Looking forward to the server. Keep up the good work, guys.

I found that you have the old server that Kalph gave me.
I kept

on my sig because it was my server, but now I noticed that he gave it to you.

The server looks good but the mod is broken and we haven't heard from the mod scripter and I want the server to open soon lol.

I found that you have the old server that Kalph gave me.
I kept

on my sig because it was my server, but now I noticed that he gave it to you.
Oh it used to be your server? I didn't know that.

Interesting.

On-topic:
I didn't get any information from will smith yet, eventually tonight or tomorrow will the fixes will be applied, if you're an admin of my server, if you need the server password to get building, please PM me via steam / blockland forums to receive the password, or you can PM a co-host.

EDIT: Updated the OP.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:23:06 PM by YorkTown95 »

Since you guys haven't even SEEN the city I have taken into my own needs to take pictures and upload them myself for the server so york can just use the album on my photobucket to update the OP.

OP updated, administrator section now has links to the actual forum profile, and added Surburb's screenshots.

the cube walls could have a little more flavor to them. looks very bluh.
i know it's to reduce brickcount and all but seriously :C

Well. Since I have been playing Minecraft for most of my time now, haven't checked BL forums in a while. Well, good job York on getting your server back up, and a great choice of mods,hopefully I will be able to join later.

The layout looks crap.

The terrain looks crap.

The builds look crap.

In all seriousness, the city looks badly planned and incredibly basic styled.

It looks alright, but not exciting nor fun. The whole city lacks creativity.

The layout looks crap.
It's not done.
The terrain looks crap.
Make some "better" terrain yourself or don't complain.
The builds look crap.
Again, it's not done.
It's a city, what do you expect, the seven wonders of the world?
I smell some bias in that post.

Everyone thinks differently, and are creative in different ways, and if you can't accept ours, then there's no point in posting here.

The layout looks crap.

The terrain looks crap.

The builds look crap.

Are you loving serious?

It's "crap" but then it's suddenly "alright".

Make some "better" terrain yourself or don't complain.

Dumbest comment I've ever heard. What do you want to get out of it? Should I post some terrain pics of mine here or something? Or maybe you can put a server up so I can make some terrain for you? hm?
bullstuff

It's a city, what do you expect, the seven wonders of the world?

No, but I would like to see some commitment in this build and not just a "city". What kind of comeback is that? It sounds like you're not a fan of this either.
I said that the city was badly planned and that it looked too basic and you choose to comment that with some crappy sarcasm. No, I did not expect the seven wonders of the world. I expected a bloody CityRPG which held same standards as, for example, Diggy's layout.

Everyone thinks differently, and are creative in different ways, and if you can't accept ours, then there's no point in posting here.

So you find this build superior? Or are you just incapable of doing anything better?

However, I have not seen any single opinion about the layout so far. (except Skill and posts after my post) So, there is no lines to respect and no opinions to accept so don't whine "there's no point in posting here" before I even have a chance adapting to lousy builders opinions. Such as yours.

It's not done.

You can clearly see that the layout/terrain is pretty much done.

The terrain has grass and trees, which is a sign of it's not being a work in progress because you add grass and trees when you're done with the ground/terrain.
Sure they can work on it later, but it would take time to start over again and such. But I bet York is satisfied with it anyhow. It looks like his old city, which I think sucks.

With builds I meant of course the builds of my disposal and obviously not the work in progress ones.
As for example, the labor board is very simple and didn't meet my expectations.

The roads are obviously done. (being a "work in progress" does not include things like "adding a new part/city")

The terrain and the roads' placement pretty much sums up the layout. And they are not satisfying for the eye.

However! I haven't played there yet. So I have no opinions about the fun factor nor its playability.
It may be awesome? Who knows. But I sure know that the city looks boring and should be heavily improved.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:44:47 PM by Sleven »