Author Topic: YorkTown95's CityRPG Server v2. (Will consider re-opening this)  (Read 79147 times)

Sleven, I thank you for the comment, but don't worry it will be improved eventually, I didn't want to waste about 2 weeks working on it, plus I was working the whole entire city (excluding the admin builds and the military base) from scrap, but yeah it will be upgraded by time, the city will improve once we open the server, but problem is that we're facing bugs that is part of the CityRPG gamemode, you might want to take a look at my previous announcements via the steam group, bad news that I cannot run the server with bugs that can be exploitable. And another note, If you want to help out with the city, you're more than welcome too by the fact that you're an admin of this server, just ask for the server password from me or an super admin to get started. But do give the city some chance to grow, in fact we're starting from the beginning.

And another note, I did get an e-mail from will smith an hour and a half ago with this message:
Quote from: Will smith
I've been working on it and I fixed the laborer and tax issues and such, but I'm having some serious trouble with the whole trigger thing. It's probably because I don't really know how CityRPG works... I'll work on it some more, I don't know what to do if it can't be fixed though, I mean it might just be Blockland breaking it...
Eventually I hope this will be fixed.

I got the trigger issue fixed when I was working on factory lots. don't know how though.

I got the trigger issue fixed when I was working on factory lots. don't know how though.
The infoblocks (Bank brick, police brick, and all of the infoblock bricks), are missing their triggers when you restart the server and load the save again, but this applied to the lots too and then Will fixed it, now it came with another bug, and now this is affecting the infobricks.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:37:57 PM by YorkTown95 »

The thing I learned about triggers is that they're all easily contradicting, so you may have to make new ones. But I'm not an expert in the scripting field myself; It's just something I came across.

The thing I learned about triggers is that they're all easily contradicting, so you may have to make new ones. But I'm not an expert in the scripting field myself; It's just something I came across.
If you can contact Will about this information, it would really help us.

What makes this different from the default CityRPG mod?

What makes this different from the default CityRPG mod?
When Jookia's CityRP came out, it only had some basic features which you couldn't kill a criminal that had demerits, that would attack you or so, but on Iban's mod, you can kill a criminal for self-defence, he has added the laborer and bounty feature. but his new CityRPG mod had the hunger mod and clothes, I don't think it fits perfectly when you need to eat every time.

Be careful what you add and what you remove. A lot of things included were done because it seemed nifty and would fit the theme, but did not necessarily add anything to game-play. Hunger and Debt are great examples of this. In the early versions of CityRPG, debt could not be forcibly collected. Adding an interest rate did not really urge anyone to pay it off any faster, and the only way that people could be inclined to pay it was by inventing a figure known as "Bob from the IRS" that would send you really angry phone calls and spam tank missiles from the sky at your general direction. Hunger worked similarly, killing you at 0%.

Rewarding players for spending into the economy instead of punishing them for not doing so is how you want to do things.

Be careful what you add and what you remove. A lot of things included were done because it seemed nifty and would fit the theme, but did not necessarily add anything to game-play. Hunger and Debt are great examples of this. In the early versions of CityRPG, debt could not be forcibly collected. Adding an interest rate did not really urge anyone to pay it off any faster, and the only way that people could be inclined to pay it was by inventing a figure known as "Bob from the IRS" that would send you really angry phone calls and spam tank missiles from the sky at your general direction. Hunger worked similarly, killing you at 0%.

Rewarding players for spending into the economy instead of punishing them for not doing so is how you want to do things.
You seem to know a lot about CityRPG's.

Apparently the IRS feature is not functioning correctly, Loan shark tries to put a bounty on a person, and it doesn't do it apparently, so the debt feature has been broken, but I plan on taking your advice.

You seem to know a lot about CityRPG's.

I think he's an alt of iban lol.

CityRPG is Iban.
I knew this was coming, oh well, I think Iban has changed, but his advices are a good idea, because there is still some broken functions onto the gamemode.

CityRPG is Iban.
Did you just decide to leave Off Topic today or was it because somebody mentioned Iban?

Did you just decide to leave Off Topic today or was it because somebody mentioned Iban?
I mentioned about Iban actually.