CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81870 times)

Brian Smith how do YOU have Wicked's?
I dont. When did I say i did?

Gonna have to screencap all the GUI stuff. Here's my favorite GUI I've made.

Gonna have to screencap all the GUI stuff. Here's my favorite GUI exists in humanity.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/BFpMO.png[/img]
Corrected

Gonna have to screencap all the GUI stuff. Here's my favorite GUI I've made.

How will the whole "Buying vehicles" system work?

I always thought if this would be made, you could have a system to add a bounty on anyone who either doesn't have full trust of the client whom owns the vehicle, or doesn't have the ID of the owner client.

It's already made.

1. Shopkeeper sets up a car dealership.
2. Click or otherwise activate GUI brick.
3. GUI.
4. Buy vehicle.
5. Vehicle is in garage.
6. Spawn vehicle.

If you don't have vehicles, this is your vehicle wrench gui.

If you buy a vehicle, is it a one-time-buy or a one-time-spawn?
Say I bought that Turismo for $30k and spawned it into my garage, then went for a drive. I get killed and the Turismo is stolen by a criminal, then he wrecks and destroys it.
When I go back to my garage will I be able to respawn my Turismo, or do I have to spend another $30k?

Respawning is free of charge... unlesss it gets stolen.

There are particular lots that generate a sales area for illegal goods. Stolen crates, weapons, and stolen vehicles. If your vehicle is carjacked and successfully sold by a thief in a "Shady Area", you will lose that vehicle until you use the Police GUI and pay something like 20% of its original price to get it back. This is the same cut that the criminal gets for selling the vehicle.

Selling vehicles is risky. Cops can visually identify a sales in the process. Sales also leave long-lasting clues, which I will have to cover here shortly.

That sounds like a pretty freaking awesome system.

I remember the GUI-less version that got leaked.  Pretty fun to play around with though it had a lot of features that were unimplemented or purposefully broken.  I fixed it up a bit, hosted my own and had my own taste of CityRPG drama.  Not fun.  Especially when my copy was leaked by a "friend."  Now it sticks with me.  I still get people who think I worked with Iban to create this mod.  Jesus.  Worst thing I ever did was open that damn zip.

Anyway, glad to hear a good, well run version is in development.  Don't let it out of your sight.  Oh, and I find the most fun systems are the ones that don't turn into city based DM's.  If there's a way to keep the RP in CityRPG, do it.

Could there be like a licence for driving vehicles if your caught driving one either pay a fee?

I remember the GUI-less version that got leaked.
Of V3? Never, that would never happen. No one but Iban has it. Iban would never put it on the internet.

Iban, considering the fact that your ability to spawn a vehicle is completely under the control of the person who's building you buy it at, it opens the door to a lot of potential abuse. Where something like this happens:

1. Person buys car

2. Person presses the button next to door that, "Opens the garage".

3. Baseplate under car disappears and the car falls into basement where it is driven out of the secret exit to be sold illegally.

4. Person cries deeply.

This can be easily fixed by doing a system sort of like the APB:Reloaded gas station/repair station building where throughout the city there are tiny hubs where you can spawn bought cars or repair them for a fee.

It definitely blows some of the realism out the door, but functionality is always a higher priority than realism.

This looks pretty cool, but now that I know more about it, it's cooler.

Problem is, it's almost the same thing again! Just more obstacles or am I not getting something.

If Iban himself would kindly finish the topic or can someone explain how this isn't much different.

This looks pretty cool, but now that I know more about it, it's cooler.

Problem is, it's almost the same thing again! Just more obstacles or am I not getting something.

If Iban himself would kindly finish the topic or can someone explain how this isn't much different.

stuff doesn't appear out of thin air. To sell a gun or food, the shop keeper has to buy "plastic" from a factory, which processes ore and lumber from lumberjacks and miners. The basic, core idea is changed.

Well I mean, see, there again, more of an obstacle.

I feel they're needs to be something other than just plastic and lumber.

Still got to admit, the shady areas and car stealing stuff are very cool!