CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81787 times)

I'm talking about multiclienting, not checking if the client has the required GUI's.
Whoops. I was thinking about the function GameConnection::onConnectRequest and got off in tangent, my bad.

Multiclient checks would operate the same way, though.

Yes, onConnectRequest is used so there is no chance of doing anything before being disconnected.

But exceptions have to be name-based, not BLID.
This is because as of mid-v19, (yes, a secret update in the middle of v19 broke this) there are no more functions that are called before autoadmincheck that return the client's BLID.
This is what broke my Whitelist mod that i've been too busy to update.

Please add some virtual drugs becuase in real life all drugs i want to take are illegal and dangerous... hopefully i can get virtually knocked up! Hope to see this cool drug mod added in soon!!

Oh yeah, sorry about the truck Iban, I can resume progress on it by the end of this month.

I have a question for Iban...

Will there be ammo part of this? Like selling/buying?

Hey, but how about the idea me and Port thought about?
We wanted to create our own CityRPG, but we never got around adding anything to it X_x

Anyway, here's the idea.

How about, the people make jobs and companies themselves?

You don't have to script 20+ jobs for players to choose from silly /help list jobs, but they will have to be hired by real players.

Players can create their own company by GUI or command, and then they can hire people in the company.
The creator of a company, or a BOSS, can set names up for every job and set the ammount of paycheck. Paycheck is transferred from Bank Account of the BOSS to the target :D

Hey, maybe we should also allow some neat stuff like custom logo made in-game by combining images? :D

But all this glory won't be free for BOSS though... He will have to pay some fee to get a company. You know, so there won't be 30 people with their own companies that don't do anything.

What do you think about this?  :cookieMonster:

I dont get it
I like it here.

Please add some virtual drugs becuase in real life all drugs i want to take are illegal and dangerous... hopefully i can get virtually knocked up! Hope to see this cool drug mod added in soon!!
Absolutely. How does marijuopiumcane sound?

I have a question for Iban...

Will there be ammo part of this? Like selling/buying?
Guns have realistic clip sizes, and there was an ammo system in the works, but it got way over-complicated.

How about, the people make jobs and companies themselves?

You don't have to script 20+ jobs for players to choose from silly /help list jobs, but they will have to be hired by real players.
I don't know nothing about no stinking /help list jobs.

Players can create their own company by GUI or command, and then they can hire people in the company.
The creator of a company, or a BOSS, can set names up for every job and set the ammount of paycheck. Paycheck is transferred from Bank Account of the BOSS to the target :D

Hey, maybe we should also allow some neat stuff like custom logo made in-game by combining images? :D

But all this glory won't be free for BOSS though... He will have to pay some fee to get a company. You know, so there won't be 30 people with their own companies that don't do anything.

What do you think about this?  :cookieMonster:
What I don't understand about this idea is the profit. Where does the boss get his money? How does he pay for the employees? Why even go through with all of this?

I understand the since of realism, but the point of the different jobs is actually being different. If the system were reduced like this, there'd be "Bosses" and "Employees" and it just doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:14:13 AM by CityRPG »

I'm curious about what you've done with demerits and crime in this version.

How are they implemented into this system, and like previous versions will it be hell to keep a police job - trying to avoid being thrown in jail for accidental baton smackings/etc>criminal record>lose job>have to pay to erase record? Is the system mostly like the previous but changed, or a new one altogether?

I will add what I write up here to the OP.

Crime works differently now. By default, all players have a fail-safe to their actions called Villainy Mode. This is similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, where you have to crouch to pickpocket. Villainy is toggled through a keybind; I use Mouse 3. When Villainy is enabled, this icon appears above Super Shift:

Without this enabled, you can do no evil. Shooting people does no damage, running people over halts your vehicle miraculously, stray gunfire does not damage other people's property, and so on. You can defend yourself safely, however. Gunfire towards aggressive criminals will work just fine, and police can safely tackle spree killers in a crowd without risking their own welfare.

Enabling crime will allow you to whatever you please. Incurring demerits of any form will force you into Crime mode.

Demerits also function differently. Crimes can either be blatant (automatic demerit incursion), witness only (innocent or police must be in viewing distance of the crime),  or they drop a clue.  Clues can either be visible or invisible, depending on the crime. If a cop touches a clue that is visible, it incurs demerits on the player. If a Law Enforcer uses his magnifying glass in the vicinity of a clue, it becomes visible. If a civilian uses his Cellphone in 9-11 mode near a clue, visible or not, it incurs demerits on the perpetrator.

Clues are dropped by all sorts of events and last for different periods of times. Clues tend to collect around shady lots were lots of illegal activity happens, but drop where people are shot or killed, where bricks are destroyed with a pick-axe, and so on.

This is a clue:

A suggestion for clues.. the criminal can return to the scene of the crime and try and remove the clue. Though this would be extremely perilous and have a great penalty.

A suggestion for clues.. the criminal can return to the scene of the crime and try and remove the clue. Though this would be extremely perilous and have a great penalty.
Too much chance for abuse. I don't see the point. The idea is to not make your crime scene in an obvious place.

If you're curious about mining/woodcutting, it works as it did before, just a little improved.

http://i.imgur.com/cfaJK.jpg

Both resources crunch into raw plastic. Raw plastic looks like this. The different sizes are related to how much plastic each one holds. You have 30 seconds to claim your plastic, otherwise anyone can pick it up.

This is sounding quite promising and fun, and the different GUIs/UIs/models are looking quite nice.