Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81793 times)

I'll add that right under burning babies.

What about Goods Convoys?
Like delivery trucks and large freight/cargo trucks that carry various goods to a location (I.E. a factory or store/market)
This could be useful, considering the fact that we do have the vehicles that do fit the category.

In order for the Profiteer to work correctly, I will need a transport vehicle. The amount of refined plastic required to build a fully operational skyscraper will be in the hundreds of thousands. Moving that one crate at a time is extremely impractical.

In order for the Profiteer to work correctly, I will need a transport vehicle. The amount of refined plastic required to build a fully operational skyscraper will be in the hundreds of thousands. Moving that one crate at a time is extremely impractical.
will you make that an occupation? A person can reach a position where their job is to basically safely drive a transit truck from point A to point B, and get paid for each successful run. This opens up a new crime, which is obviously destroying the truck for nothing but dems, or stealing and delivering to a shady lot for black market profit.

The number of profiteers will be extremely limited.

There is a mission system in infancy I have richarded around with, but never finished. The amount of GUI work would be immense. I have other things above it on the priority list, like a scrolling toolbar to accommodate 100+ inventory items, a dynamic map, etc.

If the mission system gets off the ground, sure, truck drivers that get jobs n stuff would be neato burrito, but until then, people have to buy their own trucks.

Having to buy your own truck would be good. It would put a restriction on the number of people who get the job, so that way the server doesn't just flood with truck drivers; as a considerable amount of work will have to be put into it first.

The gui's are what I am most excited for. I'm a bit tired of every single mod being a /command. I wish you an enormous amount of good luck to that. I'd offer to help with gui for the sole reason of making the mod beautiful and free you up more time for the coding, but alas I don't know a damn thing on the subject.

Manty does all my graphic work, guy's a entrepreneur  with that.

Barnabas was working on a flat-bed truck for moving 12 crates at a time, but I dunno where he went with that.

I could always do a quick Semi Tractor edit, and either update it into the current collection of Semi Tractor trucks, or give them to you stand-alone to be a CityRPG exclusive.

It'd have to be the latter because all content required to join my server is packaged into Client_ClientRPG for expediency and simplicity.

I'd like to hear from barn first though, I think he already started at some point but never finished because I poofed.

I also don't even know if it's possible to change vehicle states like that... Do they have animations?

Well I know he has this truck:

Which will have several different loads, and he does this by making 1 truck model with all the loads and then hide/unhides the node of each load.
You could have a script do that couldn't you? Truck is in pick-up zone it unhides crate node, then when it enters delivery zone it re-hides the crate node.

You should add the ability to fake your own death for cheap & disturbing loveual pleasure.

mmm yes

ctrl + k

so hot

by the way, is the Self Delete system changing significantly?

Well I know he has this truck:
Which will have several different loads, and he does this by making 1 truck model with all the loads and then hide/unhides the node of each load.
You could have a script do that couldn't you? Truck is in pick-up zone it unhides crate node, then when it enters delivery zone it re-hides the crate node.
Nodes can be unhidden on vehicles, right? If so, absolutely.

by the way, is the Self Delete system changing significantly?
Self Delete has been replaced entirely by a Teleport to Spawn system. It doesn't work if you're wanted or injured.

There should be penalties for being injured.  Otherwise people won't have any reason to visit a doctor.  Same goes for death.

Doctors are a useless concept in a game about lego people.