Author Topic: i need a partner to help make a game  (Read 2131 times)

Then what are polar coordinates if you're such a "good coder."

coordanites of the north and south pole? :P im not here to be quizzed. if your not going to post in actual reply to the topic than dont bother posting. im sick of the negativity on this forum.. it seems everyone is in constant competetion with eachother trying to prove who is smarter or better at something.. seriously f' off

tldr you don't know anything about games.

what language are you even talking about? i know a little bit of c++ html almost perfectly and java and torque script kinda and good 3d design

html won't help you at all in making games unless you're making a website for it

as for the game itself, what is it? what is about? what game engine do you plan on using?

html won't help you at all in making games unless you're making a website for it

as for the game itself, what is it? what is about?
i was just stating what i know. but the BASE concept of it is a 1st person fps where there is an arena. and you get x amount of money for every kill you get. and on the outside of the arena there are shops. and you buy guns and there are also storage bins. and you store stuff like guns and clothing in them. that is definatly not the whole concept. i have millions of ideas and the game will forever expand

please get a new plan before making it (if you even will). this has been done millions of times before, and unless you come up with some good ideas, it's likely going to be boring to play.

shell again i say im sick of the negativity.. seriously and stop minimodding on something that cante even be minimodded.. and i DID specifically say that there was more

there is more?

if there is currently more you're thinking of don't just tell people the base concept we'd like to know the fully fleshed idea so that people wouldn't be working on some generic piece of stuff

plus, always expecting positive feedback will get you nowhere, constructive criticism was made to help you improve

if someone just outright calls you stupid for no good reason you'd have a good reason to snap back.

im also hoping to create a house idea where you can create and area to make food and craft stuff. and train. im also wanting to add forests and bio domes where you can explore and find resources to make weapons. there will be multiple servers eg. one server will be the cave man era and another would be modern war era. keep in mind that this game is combat based. there will be a leveling system. you will be able to buy a companion that helps you fight. and you can level up your companion (companions will be animals btw)

Trying to find help with game development on the blockland forums doesn't work well, too many responders are smartasses or idiots (or both).

Trying to find help with game development on the blockland forums doesn't work well, too many responders are smartasses or idiots (or both).
you said that perfectly. where could i go to find someone?

:( i just need someone that knows how to use an engine well

if you actually found the engine and maybe learned how to use it yourself then maybe more people would be onboard

try Unity as a starter, find some online tutorials and start small with your idea, if you tried to make this game in one big swoop by just diving right in you probably won't be very successful.