Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 72041 times)

Personally, how I see it, it isn't a problem. technically it isn't even a duplicate icon. They're two different icons for two different programs, one is the launcher and one is the game. It's working just how I'd expect it to. Unless the launcher is  combined with the game itself, it seems like there's going to be two icons, because they're two seperate things.
     Besides, both the icons aren't even up at the same time. When the launcher is done, it launches the game and closes. The only things up for Blockland then, is the command prompt and the game screen. Which as far as I know have always been seperate. And nobodies complained about it before
Because v19 and lower didn't have this problem.

Badspot

• Administrator
Because v19 and lower didn't have this problem.

I hope you can hear my eyes rolling because I'm rolling them as hard as I can.

Watch out, they might roll out of your head.

Did you know that Attila the Hun used to do that to scare/intimidate people he was about to dismember?

Did you know that Attila the Hun used to do that to scare/intimidate people he was about to dismember?
The more you know!

they're completely seperate programs and I only see use in pinning programs I constantly use.
This is not an issue and anyone who thinks it is really needs to stop nitpicking every single loving thing ever and let it slide

Is there a big problem in making windows know they're essentially the same? I'm sure this isn't the first case of launcher and launched not being associated, so why not apply whatever fix they'd mention? Should be simple.

Hey, I ran the file, but my Pine Tree is still a Christmas Tree.
Why is this?
I think I may saved it in the wrong spot.

Hey, I ran the file, but my Pine Tree is still a Christmas Tree.
Why is this?
I think I may saved it in the wrong spot.
Documents > Blockland > Add-ons

Are you calling Badspot a Mongolian?

Is there a big problem in making windows know they're essentially the same? I'm sure this isn't the first case of launcher and launched not being associated, so why not apply whatever fix they'd mention? Should be simple.
IIRC they have an API for declaring the "application ID", which defaults to the executable path. Simply set the ID of the main game to that of the launcher and the problem is solved.

they're completely seperate programs and I only see use in pinning programs I constantly use.
This is not an issue and anyone who thinks it is really needs to stop nitpicking every single loving thing ever and let it slide
Or maybe you should realize that different people "constantly use" different things, or even have different policies for pinning stuff.

I dont see pinning a problem,I still use xp.

I dont see pinning a problem,I still use xp.
Congratulations, why is this important to the discussion about pinning things in Windows 7, and even Mac?

IIRC they have an API for declaring the "application ID", which defaults to the executable path. Simply set the ID of the main game to that of the launcher and the problem is solved.
I'm almost positive this exists, it would be a bad choice for them to not include it.