Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 69459 times)

that's not an issue with Blockland so much as it is Windows.
nononono.
no.

I can't read your atrocious handwriting, but I'm pretty sure that's not an issue with Blockland so much as it is Windows.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2433173/LauncherProblem.png
I can read the button on the left as "Launcher" and the one in the center as "Blockland"

I for once have used windows 7 for a while until I downgraded to xp.
Just do what Badspot says and launch things normally.
Does it really matter if you see one more icon?
Just disable pinning I'm pretty sure that people who are used to older versions of
windows rather not use pinning,even though someone has made a program similar like that for vista and xp,I rather just use things like they are.

TL;DR Just play the game how it is and don't complain, its better than having Blockland not start up at all.

I for once have used windows 7 for a while until I downgraded to xp.
Just do what Badspot says and launch things normally.
Does it really matter if you see one more icon?
Just disable pinning I'm pretty sure that people who are used to older versions of
windows rather not use pinning,even though someone has made a program similar like that for vista and xp,I rather just use things like they are.

TL;DR Just play the game how it is and don't complain, its better than having Blockland not start up at all.
Do you have some mental problem? It's a metadata problem. He fixes the metadata and it's working properly, both for Win7 users and users of prior versions of Windows.

I can't read your atrocious handwriting, but I'm pretty sure that's not an issue with Blockland so much as it is Windows.
Blockland metadata problem. How the hell would you expect Windows to know what is a launcher of what?

It should be an extremely simple fix.

Why does it matter so much?  If it really affects you, why are you multitasking with BL up?

Why does it matter so much?  If it really affects you, why are you multitasking with BL up?
Marcem has got a point,even Kompressor suggest you dont have anything open in the next version except for Blockland while your running it.

Why the hell shouldn't I be able to multi-task?

Why would you,if your going to play a game and then you go afk for five minutes meanwhile you on some stupid social website and everyone is saying if you could ban someone who's spamming or building bricks into other builds,or your playing at some server where there's a challenge or tdm and your blocking the door for like 10 minutes while you doing something on your internet browser,and there's no admin around,you blocking the path would ruin the server.

Because you started a game.  This means that you probably want to play that game, not leave it idle.

Why would you,if your going to play a game and then you go afk for five minutes meanwhile you on some stupid social website and everyone is saying if you could ban someone who's spamming or building bricks into other builds,or your playing at some server where there's a challenge or tdm and your blocking the door for like 10 minutes while you doing something on your internet browser,and there's no admin around,you blocking the path would ruin the server.
Facepalm.

Because you started a game.  This means that you probably want to play that game, not leave it idle.
So I'm not even allowed to go into Vim to fix a script? To look up documentation? To go afk while it's loading? I'm not even allowed to use my secondary screen at all?

:facepalm:
So I'm not even allowed to go into Vim to fix a script? To look up documentation? To go afk while it's loading? I'm not even allowed to use my secondary screen at all?
then you're using it for a thing that will not take very long, thus you could probably bear having one extra icon.

then you're using it for a thing that will not take very long, thus you could probably bear having one extra icon.
What I'm saying is that whether or not I want to multi-task is my decision and not Badspot's. This is a bug and it has a simple solution. Would you mind giving one rational reason for why it shouldn't be fixed?

What I'm saying is that whether or not I want to multi-task is my decision and not Badspot's. This is a bug and it has a simple solution. Would you mind giving one rational reason for why it shouldn't be fixed?
He already said hes not fixing it,he said to deal with it.

how exactly is it a simple solution?  I wouldn't think it would be easy to make two programs into one program.