Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 69476 times)

I've clicked on this topic ten times now seeing if this was a new post.

I've clicked on this topic ten times now seeing if this was a new post. Please can we have more info on where we are at right now if possible?
I agree

it would help more if we could be given a guessed date of release rather than "when its done"

maybe tell what needs to be done first or something and whats ready

I agree

it would help more if we could be given a guessed date of release rather than "when its done"

yes please

I agree

they're taking the time to make it work with interiors and terrain!

they're taking the time to make it work with interiors and terrain!
you wish

I agree

I hate painting myself into corners.

Am i the only one who understands that this update can take months, even weeks to be finished and does not get surprised when the development category goes green?
nope, i'm with you.

Development Update #1
(purely fictional joke)
Hello again blocklanders!

We will be updating you with the progress on the upcoming update, and we would like to hear your opinions on what we have been working on.

We've recently been hearing complaints about things not possible with bricks, and why interiors/terrains help, and we completely understand that.

We have thought about some of the points you guys have brought up:
  • "Terrain loops! Bricks can't do that!"
  • "It would take hundreds of thousands of bricks to remake the slopes, and millions to loop it!"
  • "You cannot ski or drive down bricks!"

Over the past weeks, reading feedback about the update has led us to chose to incorporate both terrain and the newly written shadows and shaders.

Even better yet, we've chosen to incorporate and improve the terrain.
-Terrain is now subdivided more, meaning it can be much smoother (no more spikes!).
-Bricks will cast shadows onto terrain.
-Increased texture support for terrain, allowing higher resolution textures (prettier grass!).

Though terrain is being updated, interiors will still have to go.

Interior support is basically lost. The programs used to make interiors are old and buggy and have not been updated. There are many glitches and problems with the interior system, so it will still be removed as re-doing it could take many months and years of work (it would require writing complex outside programs.)

Basically this is what will happen:
  • Shadows and Shaders are still in.
  • Terrain will be kept and improved.
  • Interiors will still be removed.

lol what inspired you to spend all the time writing that

5 minutes of free time

removed.[/b][/li][/list]
-snip
That would be awesome,Also adding the ability to make caves would be cool.

That would be awesome,Also adding the ability to make caves would be cool.
It's also a good example of Heed being dumb.

It's also a good example of Heed being dumb.
im not dumb. jerk

im not dumb. jerk
Your one of those people that just whines about the update and repeatedly demands for terrain and shadows. It won't work, no matter how much whining you do.