9 (2.9%)
yes
11 (3.5%)
yes
12 (3.8%)
forget ues
254 (80.9%)

Total Members Voted: 314

Author Topic: Cube world (Too lazy to update so i put in links for forums)  (Read 156343 times)

The similarities to Minecraft stop at it being open world, expansive, and having voxels, everything else is completely different, it plays absolutely nowhere near how Minecraft plays, it is it's own game.
Minecraft doesn't have voxels.

> The whole game is voxel based generation

Yep, no voxels whatsoever.
Holy stuff you're dense.

if you haven't registered, do it now! site's not down and you're able to!

Anywho, i found an island of +4 veggies that do nothing but drop god tier items.

This is amazing.

Too bad it is Demian, which is three syllables.
that doesn't make any sense
since i first met demian i always pronounced his name as such
about three months ago i looked and suddenly realized his name was demain, not demian and i had been pronouncing it wrong all along!
now it's demian somehow.

if you haven't registered, do it now! site's not down and you're able to!

Or you could just go here.

This is true. It uses polygons that look like voxels.

Wasn't there something about customizing weapons?
You can customise weapons in-game.
But you need to collect Wood or Iron Ore, which you find out in the environment.
You then craft these into cubes and you can put them on your weapons.

But, only Wood blocks on Wood weapons, and only Iron blocks on Iron weapons.
And then it's only a limited number of them on a specific weapon, I believe.

And you'll also find that you don't always get many blocks to place on, or atleast not in large quantities at once, so you never really get a chance to full on decorate something.
And since different classes will pretty much predominantly either use Iron or Wooden weapons, then you may find yourself with an over-abundance of a useless block.
That happened with me, and I basically ended up giving a crap load of Iron to Pandan, and he gave me all his wood too, since he had no use of it.

I also found that the wood and Iron blocks don't have a colour that is at all similar to the colours that the game uses for the base models of weapons.
So it doesn't even look like you're adding Iron or Woodl on to the weapon or making it better. Simply covering it in crap.

And you'll also find some special spirit cubes when defeating bosses that provide some minor bonus effects to the weapon.
But if I recall correctly, you'll start to find that your spirit cubes end up being of a Power-Level that is too low for your more recent, higher levelled items, so you can't even use them, beyond upgrading a lesser weapon.

I really liked the idea of Weapon Customisation within Cubeworld, but it's not really impressed me at all so far.
It seems like a chore to even do, and when you do get to do it, it can easily look like crap.

Plus you can't edit your armour in any way, which would be awesome. Editing the look of my weapons is fine, but it's not great.
Some of the weapons have default models that are just really difficult to get away from, no matter how many things you stick on them.
And in the end, if it's a sword or boomerang or whatnot, it's just going to be madly swung about and you'll hardly even see the customisation.
Customising armour would be much cooler, since you could get some crazy designs going which would be always visible.

Also, customising your character model.
Player customisation so far is dreadful, as you have very few choices with the looks of your character, and depending on what species you are, you can have hardly any choices at all.

The wood and iron customization blocks are a different color to differentiate the modifications from the original model, i think it was done on purpose. And it looks okayish, maybe needs to be a bit closer.

Also, it has been mentioned that the customization system might be brought to player models and armor in the future.
what
sometimes the forums bug out and i cant edit either
(yes outside of drama)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:47:34 PM by Pandan »

http://puu.sh/3zIkZ.jpg my game bugged out when i was placing some wind spirit cubes and ended up letting me place more than i had. a single level 72 cube netted me like, 28 extra of itself.
pro ; i am now sanic
bad ; sword looks loving stupid

Yep, no voxels whatsoever.
Holy stuff you're dense.
minecraft isnt voxel based
Quote from: Google
Minecraft is not a voxel environment. A voxel environment defines the location of an object spatially based off adjacent objects. Minecraft uses a XYZ grid. All objects are defined in space from the on common 0,0,0 point. That is all Voxel means... Objects are located in the model based on their relationship to each other.

http://puu.sh/3zIkZ.jpg my game bugged out when i was placing some wind spirit cubes and ended up letting me place more than i had. a single level 72 cube netted me like, 28 extra of itself.
pro ; i am now sanic
bad ; sword looks loving stupid

hot damn lol

Someone showed me a glitch where as a warrior you can equip a Great weapon and a offhand weapon
OP
Using it right now, 1 shotting things. It also causes all my skills that do damage to inflict damage twice instead of once. OP

EDIT: WAIT how did you get the shop signs to appear on the mini-map?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:54:25 PM by Pandan »