Author Topic: Should I get Star Wars The Old Republic?  (Read 1724 times)

Hey I have been looking at the trailers for Star Wars The Old Republic and I have really been wanting it but there is a problem. Its not singleplayer. Its not like I can't play the game but I don't have a big enough internet connection. For some reason when i had Dial Up(The slowest internet possible) I was able to run Blockland with no lag, except with that one noob that spams the server with research nukes. About 3 years ago I upgraded to Directv's high speed package but when I go to join a server it lags like hell. So THEN when I go to a server on my PS3(I had just gotten it at the time) I couldn't connect. Its a 1.5 high speed internet connect which is the best they have. ANYWAYS, I am really into the Star Wars series but I can't go to a Mcdonalds or library when I want to play the game.

It's really good but not worth it.

It's really good but not worth it.

in other words

wait till it goes F2P

in other words

wait till it goes F2P

I don't think it will.
Not really familiar with BioWare, or really, any game producer/publisher/ect.
I don't think it's gonna go F2P anytime.

I don't think it will.
Not really familiar with BioWare, or really, any game producer/publisher/ect.
I don't think it's gonna go F2P anytime.

not soon

but at fifty dollars

it will

What do you mean by F2P?

F: Free
2: To
P: Play

What do you mean by F2P?

Free to play the game.
Have to pay for more features.
Kinda like blockland's demo system, except more is avaliable to you.
Like, almost all of the game.

Don't get it. It would be AMAZING if it was a pay-once single player game but instead it's just barely a multiplayer game.

Alright thanks. Yeah its gonna be A LONG time before its F2P but I really want it! I am a die hard Star Wars fan.

Star Trek Online is F2P (17th). Give it a shot first. No money wasted if it's not your bag.

Star Trek Online is F2P (17th). Give it a shot first. No money wasted if it's not your bag.
I have never really been into the Star Trek series. I just can't get into the movie. I'm not saying its a bad movie or anything but I personally don't like it.

You have Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 right?

I have never really been into the Star Trek series. I just can't get into the movie. I'm not saying its a bad movie or anything but I personally don't like it.
The game is set after all the series and movies. Worth a shot in any case. You can probably make a sith or something through character creation.  It's quite extensive. After James Cameron's Avatar came out, they had blue cat things running around all over the place.

You have Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 right?
Hell yeah!
The game is set after all the series and movies. Worth a shot in any case. You can probably make a sith or something through character creation.  It's quite extensive. After James Cameron's Avatar came out, they had blue cat things running around all over the place.
You know what, I will give it a try. I won't get it right now because I am feeling really tired and my throat hurts so I will download it later.

I would like to get this game. I don't know why people complain about reoccurring payments. WoW has always had um and millions STILL play it and sw:tor is better.